RC-62 vs RC-62II

Mudkicker

• Moderators

Yes, I had already looked on their website but since the RC-62 and RC-62ii look pretty much identical (from what I can see online), the only way to tell the difference is the speaker grill and their website does not show it with the grill. 

I would assume you are receiving the original RC-62 since it does not specifically say RC-62ii on their website.

• Moderators

As a side note, they have some interesting model numbers for Canada

RC500B = RC52 (US Version)

RB600B = RB61 (US Version)

RF800B = RF82 (US Version)

RS400B = RS42 (US Version)

From what it looks like, they do not carry any of the Reference II speakers so I think it's safe to say, you are getting the original RC-62.

As a side note, they have some interesting model numbers for Canada

RC500B = RC52 (US Version)

RB600B = RB61 (US Version)

RF800B = RF82 (US Version)

RS400B = RS42 (US Version)

From what it looks like, they do not carry any of the Reference II speakers so I think it's safe to say, you are getting the original RC-62.

Thanks for the help :)

• Moderators

You are quite welcome. Honestly, I don't think you can hear a difference between the RC62 and RC62ii. I know I didn't hear any difference between the RC64 and RC64ii and between the RS62 and RC62ii. Only thing I noticed was cosmetic differences.

You are quite welcome. Honestly, I don't think you can hear a difference between the RC62 and RC62ii. I know I didn't hear any difference between the RC64 and RC64ii and between the RS62 and RC62ii. Only thing I noticed was cosmetic differences.

That is good to know.  Honestly I will be happy if it arrives as a mark I because it will match the rest of my gear aesthetically.  Not sure if I will leave all the grills off though, that look is pretty nice.

Honestly, I don't think you can hear a difference between the RC62 and RC62ii. I know I didn't hear any difference between the RC64 and RC64ii and between the RS62 and RC62ii. Only thing I noticed was cosmetic differences.

All of those had titanium tweets so that's probably correct.

At least the non-Magnolia Best Buy stores usually only carry the new "reference" line which apparently only has the R-25C so I'm surprised you could get what you got there. Maybe Canada is different, or was it a Magnolia store?

• Moderators
Maybe Canada is different, or was it a Magnolia store?

He bought it from an online store called Future Stop.

If your question was directed towards me, I've owned the RC64, RC-64ii as well as the RS-62 and RS-62ii....none of which were purchased at Best Buy.  They definitely don't sell the higher end Reference models.

Maybe Canada is different, or was it a Magnolia store?

He bought it from an online store called Future Stop.

If your question was directed towards me, I've owned the RC64, RC-64ii as well as the RS-62 and RS-62ii....none of which were purchased at Best Buy.  They definitely don't sell the higher end Reference models.

No, I should have included another quote to address the OP. He said "Future Shop (Best Buy in Canada)". I guess that means kinda like Best Buy.

• Moderators
He said "Future Shop (Best Buy in Canada)". I guess that means kinda like Best Buy.

Yeah, that's the way I interpreted it.  That Futura Shop is like a Best Buy. 

Hmmm, not sure what you mean by Magnolia Best Buy stores.

Magnolia is a separate company from Best Buy but some Best Buy stores have "Magnolia" departments in their store.  Basically Magnolia offers much higher end products than what Best Buy typically sells but Best Buy has more customer exposure than Magnolia did so they have certain stores where they have added a Magnolia Section.  Hope that made sense.

Here is a thread I started My Thoughts on Today's Visit to Magnolia / Best Buy in Tampa.