Thoughts, please...

Mallette

I am completing plans for my new E-Learning Group building and could use your thoughts on the conference room.  My video department will "debut" their stuff here, so I am doing it pretty decent by corporate standards.   I've spec'd the R-5800-W II (x3) / R-5650-S II (x2) / R-112SW System for the room.  Here's a close up of it with all layers turned off except the displays/AV, walls and such. 

I'll be ordering everything next week.  The monitor will be a Sharp Aquos 4K 80" and that part is already on order.  I've an RFQ out for the Klipsch and won't change that either.  My main interest is in the placement of the speakers...they are all flush mount except, of course, the sub.

Thoughts in the placement area would be welcome. 

post-7390-0-42480000-1417647877_thumb.pn

Dave

The system I spec'd was the only in-wall system I saw. 

Dave

I just meant for the subs instead of that 12" box out in the floor, that model is two 8" in-wall subs.  Seems like it could save some floor space in an environment like this.  

True.  But that brings up a point.  I'll likely buy a sub-1k Yamaha YPAO HT receiver for this.  I've found YPAO to be really good at setup.  Those surrounds have angled transducers to fire forward and back.  Should I put the calibration mic centered between them?

Dave

Keep the side speakers on the side walls and move them rearward in the room to at least the rearmost seat.  You'll never be able to calibrate it where it sounds good from all seats so don't stress too much.  It's a horrible room for HT if you look at it from a seating prospective. 

It's a multi-purpose room, Carl.  One size fits nobody...

MLO, our videos are, well, a bit above average.  One of my video guys has 4 Emmy's, 4 National Press Photographers Association Best of the Year Awards, etc, etc. 

For the "nuts and bolts" stuff, we don't get crazy with surround but it really costs nothing to put the ambient rig noises, of which there are plenty, on surround channels for classroom use and keep the narration on the center channel.  Plus we do one or more "image" pieces every year for marketing, new employee indoctrination, etc. where the fancy stuff is important.

Dave

• Like 1