Recessing speakers in the wall?

maseline_98

re install the rear vent to the front of the cabinet and block off the hole in the back then you will be 100% fine. not really hard to do. I did this with the KLF20 I rebuilt for my daughter so she could place them up against the wall when she was in university and living in small places. Take a look at the link below. This is more complicated than what you need to do just get a hole saw. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=372783&highlight=klf20&page=2

re install the rear vent to the front of the cabinet and block off the hole in the back then you will be 100% fine. not really hard to do. I did this with the KLF20 I rebuilt for my daughter so she could place them up against the wall when she was in university and living in small places. Take a look at the link below. This is more complicated than what you need to do just get a hole saw. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=372783&highlight=klf20&page=2

I don't think I want go cutting up my cherry speaker enclosures, but thanks for the info.

Maybe I will just have to go shopping for some new speakers that are front ported :) . They won't perform nearly as well as my RFs(for sure), but the space is really not that big. I even considered in-wall speakers, but I'm guessing they will end up sounding like p00p....

NO , this always sounds horrible - any rear chamber affects the port in an adverse manner, changing the tuning of the bass reflex, and the cubby hole, imho, ALWAYS adds resonance to the sound, which makes it sound either boomy or boxy, usually both. BAD BAD IDEA.  

Klipsch THX speakers were designed with this in mind. Tight little shallow boxes with front ports - PERFECT for in-wall installations. They sound much better than any 'in-wall' or boxed in bookshelf/floorstander imho. 

Probably way out of my price range and definitely a WAF=ZERO....lol