new reference

wata

Sorry bout the double post.

Thought I was seeing double for a minute there. (actually it's more like triple)

This WebTV unit i'm using kinda sucks. I gotta get a Dell. Soon.

It could be this crazy site acting up again. Probably not, most likely inaccurately appropriated keystrokes due to accute RUMitis.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Reality---Don't wait on Klipsch, if you want a big horn with double 18s build it yourself. It's no secret how. Learn a little about enclosure and crossover design and investigate the many fine drivers and horns available. You don't have to wait for Klipsch to spoon-feed you. :-) Or check out Klipsch's Pro line, much better speakers there than their home products. You'll find something there that will suit you.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

BobG,

I want my RF-9's,and I want them real bad.Why di I have to suffer with these smallish RF-7's,huh?What is with you at Klipsch,make some real speakers for once.

I can even give you all the specs the RF-9's will need to meet in order to get the designation RF-9.

So are you interested in building a RF-9,hey you will sell at least one set. LOL

And where is the RSW18? My computer deserves better then the little RSW10.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

If you have to "upgrade?" lines every year or so something is vastly wrong. Unless there's been some extreme technology thats come out in the last year or so that I haven't heard of, be happy there not changing products every year. Audioreality, dual 18's and a single horn would sound horrible and the cost to build a cabinet big enough and strong enough for 18's would be very high.

------------------

2 Channel System:

Klipsch Epic CF-2s

McIntosh C-15 Preamplifier

Adcom GFA 5500 Amplifier

Music Hall MMF-5 Table

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer

Transparent Audio Cabless>

There is such a thing as too much speaker for a room.

Now, if you gotta feed the itch, and you don't want big, ugly, nasty looking things in your listening room -- you can always go with the RF-14's.

Eight 10's, four horns, and four monoblocks.cwm35.gif

You could do one RF-7 on the left, another on the right -- and two in the middle doing mono.

This message has been edited by deang on 08-04-2002 at 10:35 PM

I was just messing around.

I'm really quite content with my 7s.

Hell, I got a whole friggin' 7.2 set of them.

It was a major audio leap for me.

I'm was hoping this set up would last me at least 10 years. OR MORE.

So far so good, except for blowing both RF7 midbasses. Damn, I miss those babies. sniff.

I didn't know that about 18s, roowoo.

It makes alot of sense.

I'm very intersted in speaker building.

Trying to learn how sound works, first.

I am paying attention to you guys, though.

My goal is to someday invent a new speaker or enlosure or both. We will see.

I do agree that there is such a thing as too much speaker for a room. I also am against minimalization. I believe that bigger isn't nessisarily better, but big enough to perform a particular task is.

Cheers.