Hersey as a center!

vtpalmer

Anyone use a Hersey as a center turned on its side? I have three HDR Hersys I for my front, due to my entertainment center I had to set the center on its side, tilted up a little for ear level. I really like it I just wondered if anyone else had used it this way?

Terry

• Like 1

sure it's called a Heresy vertical. They sound excellent that way. Best regards Moray James.

Interesting how an upright Heresy is called.....a Heresy.  A Heresy laying on its side is called a Heresy Vertical....

<_<

Terry, I don't have a Heresy but, laying it on its side would at least put the tweeter in the originally intended proper orientation.  If you look up the EV T-35 you'll see the spec sheet shows it vertical and not sideways.

Don't know that the same can be said for the midhorn.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input! I also find it humorous that on its side it's called vertical. lol  It does sound really amazing on it's side, I have it slightly tilted to point more to ear level as it is below the TV, in the entertainment center.  The sound is seamless across the front with 3 Hersey's.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
vtpalmer, on 16 Jan 2015 - 2:53 PM, said: Anyone use a Hersey as a center turned on its side?

NO WAY..... :D ........but I do use a forte on it's side for a center, and 3 at the rear ceiling sideways pointing to the right place.

I really hear no difference with it on it's side, but 3 identical across the front does make a perfect match, seamless like you said.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2