J-River sale for Master License

joessportster

So a single License was 59.00, that was good on windows

Now they offer a Master that is good on Mac / windows / Linux for 45.00 till the 28th

If you already have a license for windows you can upgrade to a master for 20.00 till the end of the month then it goes up to 25.00

Good deal I think  :D

• Like 1

IMHO yes there is, plus the added benefits when it comes to not dealing with APPLE and Itunes

I will not pontificate on SQ differences except to say I am MUCH happier with J-River  :D

I agree with Joe !

There are many features that come in handy as well. It can be used as a crossover, an equalizer, room correction , and so much more .

• Like 2

IMHO yes there is, plus the added benefits when it comes to not dealing with APPLE and Itunes

I will not pontificate on SQ differences except to say I am MUCH happier with J-River  :D

I agree with Joe !

There are many features that come in handy as well. It can be used as a crossover, an equalizer, room correction , and so much more .

I dont really need the master license but if I can figure out swinging it I think I will get it as I am seriously considering Linux

• Like 1

What's your opinion.....

I had JRiver versions 17, 18 and 19 and I didn't really hear any improvement in sound quality over WMP. I liked it but it would lock up frequently so eventually I dumped it.

I'm thinking of checking it out again...strickly for two-channel listening. Anybody having problems with it locking up? I had Windows Vista at the time and now I have 8.1.

What are the biggest advantages it has over the others? Also, I wouldn't be using any type of mobile device with it, only a laptop.

Thanks,

-Scott

Edited by SWL
  • Like 1

I use mine for 2 channel, with windows 7pro and I dont have any lock up issues

I prefer it over WMP and Itunes mainly for its tagging abilities, and the fact it has a codec converter built in, It is also nice that can make all the display changes, Plus it offers very user friendlly rip / burn / and up or down sample if your dac requires it

IMHO its just much better,

Jim

It is 1 time for the current version J-river 20....................As I understand it you can use version 20 forever with no further fees or you may choose to upgrade when a new version is released at a special price

That is what I have read on there forums

Joe - You are correct :) 

I agree with Joe !

I dont really need the master license but if I can figure out swinging it I think I will get it as I am seriously considering Linux

I have a box at home that's crying for me to put Linux Mint on it!!!! I was thinking about purchasing the Master license as well.  $20 now or $25 later - they are both worth it. I haven't shown you guys my subwoofer plot using REW and JRiver PEQ.... here it is

bassmeasurement2_zpsfd2a11ba_1.jpg?t=142

Not bad if I say so myself! I've never had JRiver crash (except once back during 16). This program is reason I use my PC as a prepro now. 

What's your opinion.....

I had JRiver versions 17, 18 and 19 and I didn't really hear any improvement in sound quality over WMP. I liked it but it would lock up frequently so eventually I dumped it.

I'm thinking of checking it out again...strickly for two-channel listening. Anybody having problems with it locking up? I had Windows Vista at the time and now I have 8.1.

What are the biggest advantages it has over the others? Also, I wouldn't be using any type of mobile device with it, only a laptop.

Thanks,

-Scott

If you are going to take advantage of JRiver - you must use its EQ functions. I hear Vista had a hard time with Jriver - but I've been using Win 7 and I have it on a Beta Win10 laptop with no issues. 

Scott

I looked on the river forums and it looked like there were bugs with the linux setup, Perhaps you could take a look and see what you think, They have had it at least a year now (i did not know that)  I certainly dont want to go from a nice smooth operation to something quirky

Scott,

I just replied to my thread on the other one, and I did want to say, this is still a "testing" mode for 20.

I haven't had an issue since I reinstalled it for the 3rd time, but it's less than 24 hours.

I do hear a difference in SQ with JRiver than WM. I do notice,and Joe pointed it out, my wma files don't play, but .wav files play. I also made sure WM is not active with JRiver.

Try that and see if it works.

Only down side is having to reconvert the files. I now have 27,000 music files of which half are wma files.

Edited by Jim

I'm still messing with the set up.I may well use your services. Work is a little busy right now with the snow we've had and I haven't had a chance to really mess with that side of things.

So I might as well not even purchase it as I don't use mac or linux.

Yea I would not buy the upgrade license unless you think you may end up running linux or getting a mac, I thought about installing linux untill I found out it wont work with my current converter or dac, and then reading the forums it appears that river is still buggy with linux

One thing I have noticed with river if you have the internet connected to your pc  it will auto update (within the same version we have version 20) when you hit the button it will act like it is going through the whole download again (done this on my pc maybe 3 or 4 times) I have not looked but might be able to turn off the update feature................It is not really an issue though my library has come back perfect every time.....................River also auto backups your library but i suggest copying your latest backup

If you switch hard drives to a backup with your music on it jriver wont find the files what I did was clear the library then import the music off my backup and the library kept all the tags etc.... all i had to do was re-add a few art work covers