New Guy

shadco

They are pristine, spent the better part of 20 years in a closet I'm picking them up in the morning.

with a marker pen make a small discrete identifying mark on the top of the woofer frames (12 0Clock) then rotate the woofers 180 degrees. This will give you the chance to inspect the gaskets and will make sure that gravity will pull the woofers back into correct alignment. After 20 years they have sagged. Congrats to you. Best regards Moray James.

Thanks for the tip will do tout suite.

They are pristine, spent the better part of 20 years in a closet I'm picking them up in the morning

Oh...never mind.  I figured out you meant the speakers... :emotion-14:

Anyway, WELCOME to the asylum.  Is that a vintage Sony FM tuner in the lower right? 

Dave

They sound great, I'm having a blast pouring thru material I expected to give these an challenge and enjoying every minute of it.

That's a The Fisher 400. I've been using it all day but I just switched over to the Mac to check them out with SS.

You guys like pics right?

post-60762-0-02440000-1422737407_thumb.j

post-60762-0-52120000-1422737428_thumb.j

Edited by shadco
  • Like 2

You will probably find best bass response with them 12=18 inches away from wall.  Those passives need a little room to breathe.  For my set up I find no toe in to be best.

Best regards,

John

Ok I pushed them back little and took out the toe to see how I like that.

• Like 1

They are pristine, spent the better part of 20 years in a closet I'm picking them up in the morning

Drool...

Welcome to the forum. 

OK, I know who Fisher is, cause I am a Fisher guy too. Who's Norah? The McIntosh tuner or amp?

Norah Jones

;)

• Like 1