WTB Schiit Bi Frost Uber DAC with Gen2 USB

Tarheel

hi Tarheel... I have a Schiit BiFrost for sale with the Uber upgrade but without the Gen2 USB... I have the manual ( its not much of a manual), original box and it is "near mint"... do you mean a power cable ?  .... $300 + shipping... let me know... thanks - Al

hi Tarheel... I have a Schiit BiFrost for sale with the Uber upgrade but without the Gen2 USB... I have the manual ( its not much of a manual), original box and it is "near mint"... do you mean a power cable ?  .... $300 + shipping... let me know... thanks - Al

Darn Al.....just ordered a new DAC 30 minutes ago.  That is a great offer and someone should get that one asap.  Thanks for your offer and I wish I had seen it 30 minutes ago.  Some say the BiFrost is the best DAC under $500.  Wonder if I can cancel my order? 

ha.. they say timing is everything... the Schiit people are pretty nice, so it might be possible... you would still need the USB for mine.... I think its a great DAC and just decided to break down a bedroom system to sell it... let me know... best - Al

ha.. they say timing is everything... the Schiit people are pretty nice, so it might be possible... you would still need the USB for mine.... I think its a great DAC and just decided to break down a bedroom system to sell it... let me know... best - Al

I have been looking for awhile and apparently they sell fast.  Try listing it over at head-fi.org if no bites here and it should go quickly.  Yes I do need the USB.  Thanks again!

Chuck, I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Bi Frost. I'm considering the Gungir to go with my Mac Mini, this is my first attempt at going the digital route an I'm finding there's way too much out there to consider. What is your, or any ones, take on the quality of the USB 2.0 interconnect between the computer and the DAC. Some of the reading I've done says it makes a difference. Al, feel free to chime in here on your take. Paul79 has been a big help on setup.

Tom

• Like 1

Hey Tom.  After not finding a good used Schiit BiFrost I ordered a Maverick Tube Magic D2 with optional upgraded OpAmp and NOS GE tube.  The Schiit was my first choice but I couldn't justify new/new price.  Another forum member recommended the Maverick.  I will give it a try and if not happy....sell it and buy the Schiit.  I have been reading reviews on both the Schiit and Maverick over at head-fi.org. 

The Gungir should be really special. 

Still liking the Blueberry I bought from you.  Sent it to Mark and had the Maxim Mods done.

Let me know your thoughts on the Gungir!

• Like 1

"I'm considering the Gungir to go with my Mac Mini"... hi Tom... that is the set up for my main system... I go wireless from the Mac Mini (with a Core PS) using my Ipad using the Squeezebox app to a Squeezebox duet, digital coax to the Gungir ...I like Schiit man...

Edited by awsjr
  • Like 1