Marantz AV7702 vs my current Pre

AaronH

+1 on the Marantz pre/pro and their power amps as well. Marked improvement over the Denon and Yamaha I previously used.

I'm all set on the Amp side of things. So you are saying as a Pre-amp, the Marantz was noticeably superior in SQ?  

So you are saying as a Pre-amp, the Marantz was noticeably superior in SQ?

To HIS ears. :o  ;)  :D

Aaron, you have to trust YOUR ears.

Check out Michael's(Youthman) thread about his new(to him) Onkyo TX-NR1008.  Until pretty much today, he did not like the sound of Onkyo for music.  Now he can't believe what he is hearing.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/155235-impressed-with-the-onkyo-tx-nr1008even-for-music/page-2#entry1836111

Impressed with the Onkyo TX-NR1008...Even for Music

Bill

Edited by willland

+1 on the Marantz pre/pro and their power amps as well. Marked improvement over the Denon and Yamaha I previously used.

I'm all set on the Amp side of things. So you are saying as a Pre-amp, the Marantz was noticeably superior in SQ?  

Yes, but as Willand points out, to my ears. This has been esp true on the higher end. Marantz seems to give a much smoother (and not tinny) treble than the others,along with a very good midrange and lower end.  The other 2 brands just grated on my ears. Just my opinion. I can't address Onyko from a personal perspective. I've read both pros and cons on the forum.