New to the forum

nickyboy6100

Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum, but have been looking around here for a few months. I'm defiantly not an expert in home audio. music is a big part of my life though and I finally got a pair of chorus 2s. Until about two weeks ago, I'd been powering them with a yamaha rxv992. I thought it sounded really good. So when it quit working I bought a newer yamaha rxv2700. I probably jumped the gun on the purchase because I don't think I'll ever hook up more than two speakers to it. It also seems a little complicated. I've read a few posts that speak highly of Adcom components and also Marantz. Any advice on either of these two brands would be appreciated. Also, if there is a better option I would be open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

• Like 4

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that you expand on what you will be doing with your system, what your sources are (turntable, CD, streaming, etc), whether you will be using it for TV, 2 channel music, etc.  Also a little about your room and music tastes (rock, country, jazz, etc).  That will help to get started.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, get ready for a ride as its  a great place.  Never heard the Chorus's before, bet they sound great.

because I don't think I'll ever hook up more than two speakers to it

Yea, thats what we all said.  Let us know how that works out. Stick around and enjoy, cheers.

• Like 1

My room is probably not the best acoustics. It is a 150yrs old farmhouse. All wood flooring. 16x16 is my listening room with one large opening and two small ones. Luckily I can position both speakers in corners about 14 ft. Away from each other. I listen to a lot of different music. No new country or rap. Mostly rock, jazz, outlaw country, some instrumental.

Edited by nickyboy6100
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Are you sorry you bought the new Yamaha cause it's for surround and multiple speakers? That's a very nice receiver!  If you hang around long enough, we'll talk you into buying 5 more Choruses and building a couple big subs.  Oh, and a 150" projection screen.

:)

Welcome! You don't need to hook all the speakers if you don't want to.  You will get much better results with a separate amp.  Adcom Rotel Carver B&K and Parasound just to name a few. Just hook it up to your AVR pre outs.  If you don't want to use your AVR at all a good 2 ch pre amp could be used.  If you are going to hook up your TV I would suggest using your AVR and add a good center channel. 

Edited by Anotherforumname
  • Like 1

Ha, I would love to have chorus in every room. I cant believe how much sound they put out. I listen at(what i think) is moderate volume and they just rock. Very in your face kinda sound, but for the most part clean and precise. Maybe a little bright sometimes. That probably has more to do with my reciever though. I hear yamaha and klipsch dont pair the best. Might be kinda over kill for what I probably need. Has a lot of music settings I'm just not familiar with.

• Like 1

Welcome.

I agree with Mustang Guy, you will not regret having a nice AVR.  I also agree with the other posters directly upstream who made suggestions to make the room sound better.  The one thing I've found by hanging out here is that the room makes a HUGE difference in the sound, maybe as much as a 50% difference.

And don't feel like having 2 speakers is a bad thing, it is so popular here it has its own sub-forum for 2-channel music.

You are not alone.  B)

Well, get some good sized carpets on the floors, hang some drapes, some upholstered furniture, and your acoustics will improve. You are going to love those Chorus II's.....Toe them in just a bit, get them off the wall 6 inches or so.

Got them off the wall about 12 in. And they are towed in a bit. I do have a large area rug in the room. The sound is actually not too bad. reading other posts I was worried about the bass response. I definitely don't have a problem in that area!! So far very pleased with the chorus 2.
  • Like 1

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/155236-New-to-the-forum#entry1835209

New to the forum

Welcome! You don't need to hook all the speakers if you don't want to. You will get much better results with a separate amp. Adcom Rotel Carver B&K and Parasound just to name a few. Just hook it......

I have a klipsch academy center that I've tried hooking up to the avr. Can't get much sound out of it. Seems like it pulls power away from my mains when I use it. Sounds better without it.

Well, get some good sized carpets on the floors, hang some drapes, some upholstered furniture, and your acoustics will improve. You are going to love those Chorus II's.....Toe them in just a bit, get them off the wall 6 inches or so.

Got them off the wall about 12 in. And they are towed in a bit. I do have a large area rug in the room. The sound is actually not too bad. reading other posts I was worried about the bass response. I definitely don't have a problem in that area!! So far very pleased with the chorus 2.

I think you're doing pretty well so far.  Keep it simple (for now), experiment with one thing at a time, enjoy it, try another type of music, then maybe adjust....or not.  Two channel with the Chorus II's is terrific.