Mint KLF-20's - $450 - Pekin, IL

mwells

I bo

Iowa & ILL (Outside of Chicago) is a deal market.

450 really isn't a "deal" on 20s. Maybe 30s.

A deal is relative......probably good they aint 50 miles from me, I'd go straight and buy em. Considering I've spent much more on the Reference line with less satisfaction it would be a "deal" to me.

swing up to E. Peoria for a visit to Decware while they're in the neighborhood. Steve will feed you beer and music, and has lots of tube toys that would be great with those KLFs.

I wonder if he still has those annual 'get togethers'? I went one year about 7-8 years ago and it was a great time. His room/shop was really cool...met some great people.

It would be neat to drag some KLF's in there (modded of course) and compare to some of the awesome speakers I heard when I was there. He had plenty of space to shuffle large speakers around and do comparisons. Killer amps, too!

Iowa & ILL (Outside of Chicago) is a deal market.

450 really isn't a "deal" on 20s. Maybe 30s.

I know the Chicago market very well (probably too well) and I consider this a very good deal.

I don't doubt its a good deal to some people.

Last October, a pair of mint KLF-10s in the Quad Cities sat at 200 dollars for nearly 2 months. Seller decided to keep them instead of selling them. I was working on him for 150.

Epik  4s in the "Chicago" area went for far below what they "should" have gone for.

I don't know, maybe its the time of year.

Edited by Gorm

KLF-4s in the "Chicago" area went for far below what they "should" have gone for.

KG 4's? There are no "KLF-4's". :)

Sorry, I was referring to the Epic speakers that were recently on the bay.

Edited by Gorm

There was a definite Christmas drop in prices.

It is up to the buyer to decide if it is a fair, over priced, a deal, or a steal.  The going rate for KLF-20 in Chicago is closer to $600-$650, so I would call this a deal. 

Yes, this is a drive from Chicago, but if I was in the market for a pair, I would jump on them knowing I could get the money back out of them (if they are fully functioning).

And if they needed some diaphragms, I think I would still break even on the deal unless the cabinets were trashed.

Motivated sellers will accept less.  I sold KLF-20s for $500/pr in the past.

No worries.  If someone wants them, go grab them.  They don't come up often in IL at this price.

It is up to the buyer to decide if it is a fair, over priced, a deal, or a steal. The going rate for KLF-20 in Chicago is closer to $600-$650, so I would call this a deal. Yes, this is a drive from Chicago, but if I was in the market for a pair, I would jump on them knowing I could get the money back out of them (if they are fully functioning).

That's about right.....when I sold a tiny pair of Rodgers LS3/5A I almost didn't buy for $5 for $2000 and the guy was tickled I thought  meh....whatever floats your boat. There is a set on ebay for $7,999 obo. I thought my 20's sounded better although the little guys did sound good, just not loud enough.

Those have been listed for about a month now.

I may have missed them but I have been monitoring CL for a while now and didn't see the 20's in my OP until a few days ago.  It would be a 4 hour drive for me but I have not owned any of the KLF series yet and that itch to try something new is getting to me.

Edited by mwells