Off Topic but maybe worth the alert

ZEUS121996

This is off topic, but I thought I could maybe keep someone else from getting the Bay shaft. I just wanted to warn those of you who sell on the Bay

Mods, if this isn't the place, go ahead and pull it

One more reason not to sell on the bay. I sold some nice gear on the bay including a Mc MR-80 a couple weeks ago. the Tuner was tested and worked nicely.  In all fairness, I forgot to send the Panlocs, which I told him I would send out yesterday. He was fine with it and then the Tuner stopped working. The buyer claimed it has no output so opened a claim for a full refund..After spending 2 hours on the phone with ebay this morning, I cant win. Even though its listed AS IS AND NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS, he will win 99.99% of the time. I can dispute that and maybe get the shipping cost to California and return shipping back, IF Ebay decides he might not know how to set it up, took parts out, etc.

Nice fricking policy

I emailed him today and he will settle for a $100 refund and I ship the panlocs

Here's the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1559.l2649

And the user is

pioneta

Avoid him if you can

Mark

• Like 1

Actually, I had quite the opposite experience with Ebay as a buyer last year.  I bought a vintage Fender Champ amp in "mint" condition and "functioning perfect".  When it arrived at my house, it was in great condition, but as soon as I plugged in the first time it barely functioned.  Crackled terribly, obviously had bad caps.  I told the buyer and he basically told me to go pound sand (I was just looking for him to cover some costs for a cap job to fix it).  So, I opened up a claim with Ebay.  They ruled against me.  I could not believe it.  This guy had advertised a perfectly working amp and it definitely was not working. 

I was told that I could appeal and the decision would be made on the phone by one person after I stated my case. I had this happen before with a Thorens 126 TT I sold. The buyer sent me a picture of a cartridge with the arm bent and it wasn't the same cartridge. I told him to go jump and that was the end of it, since his pics didn't match the listing.

I just posted this to warn people to make sure you have it documented it works, maybe we need to use our cellphones and video the unit working as proof. IDK, but this is really crazy. Maybe I'm just p-ssed

I got this on FB from one of my buddies today

1139420.jpg

• Like 1

I would of had him send it back and have ebay issue you a refund for your selling fees which Im sure cost you 50.00 , now you got 150.00 total

There is a good chance there is nothing wrong ,

Edited by A1UC

I guess I'm just e-bay stupid.  If offered as is, no refund, how can he claim anything?

Buyer always wins , they can use your item for 44 days and file a dispute saying there is a problem even if there is not , and you will have to refund the funds .

I guess I'm just e-bay stupid.  If offered as is, no refund, how can he claim anything?

Buyer always wins , they can use your item for 44 days and file a dispute saying there is a problem even if there is not , and you will have to refund the funds .

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Sad part is that guy could send back a bag of rock salt and say it it was the MR-80 , all he needs is a signature showing you got a package . I have over  6k  total sales on ebay and been through it all its a joke

• Like 1

Here is another thing to watch , anytime you send an item to a buyer for 250.00 or more you need a signature , if you dont they can say they never got the item even if it shows online they did . Pay Pal will say the rules state 250.00 or more you need a signature and you will loose .

It sold for $499, he paid 48 for shipping, so he got it for $399. If I lose the courtesy appeal I eat shipping both ways and get back a piece of equipment, that I don't know what has been done to it. Funny thing is, he had someone do that to him and he claimed the guy was trying to extort money from him. Whatever, nothing I can do now, except not sell there. I pointed out to the people at Ebay I could sell on CL and they said they would hate to lose me. Then I realized Ebay bought CL

Mark