Oiled Oak Quartets - Original

36Hz-20kHz

Hello all,

I have a pair of Klipsch Oiled Oak Quartets, that are completely factory original, consecutive serial numbers and in beautiful condition. 

Would there be any interested buyers here?  These are amazing speakers and sound wonderful.

I purchased these from the original owner, a studio technician, in Seattle, WA and have since moved them to Southern California.

I currently have them connected to my 235 watt Crown amplifier and pre-amped with my Sony TV.

I am selling these because I was fortunate to find a pair of original Chorus speakers,.oiled oak also, but somewhat less than perfect cabinet exteriors and slightly abused, with nicks and scratches. The interiors were perfect and clean and had never been opened.  I prefer the chorus speakers with the 18" bass speakers in a two way stereo configuration. I was planning to use the Quartets as rear surrounds, but room constraints and an "irritated better half" prevented this from ever becoming a reality.

What would you value these Quartets at considering all the information I have provided?

Thank you 

• Like 1

I prefer the chorus speakers with the 18" bass speakers in a two way stereo configuration.

They are 15" I believe but great speakers nonetheless.

I paid $400 for my Quartets on here but they were very clean and had a very prominent curly oak grain pattern that makes them pretty uncommon.  They also had to travel a long way to get here.  Had they been local, I may have made a counter offer for a bit less since I ended up putting a good bit of money into crossovers, diaphragms, glass tops, etc.  At around $400 and up, you are getting into Forte territory. 

Edited by mwells
  • Like 1

Thank you, everyone who replied to my post.

I want $400. for these (factory original) Quartets, that is what I paid for them, they sound clean, no noise.

They are in mint condition, well cared for... These were built to last a long time and I have cared for them with that in mind.

The original owner said he  purchased them for $1,100.00.

Arrange shipping at your cost, I will deliver them to the shipper of your choice in the LA region, for shipment outside of this area.

Buyers in the LA region can arrange local delivery by me.

Here are the specs from Klipsch:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:38Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB SENSITIVITY:97.5dB @ 1watt/1meter POWER HANDLING:100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak) MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT:117.5dB SPL NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:8 ohms TWEETER:K-76-K 1" (2.54cm) Polymer diaphragm compression driver HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:90(o)x40(o) Exponential Horn MIDRANGE:K-61-K 1.5" (3.81cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver MID FREQUENCY HORN:90(o)x40(o) Tractrix® Horn WOOFER:K-10-K 10" (25.4cm) Fiber-composite cone active / KD-13 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone passive CROSSOVER FREQUENCY:HF 7,000 Hz LF 650 Hz ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF) ENCLOSURE TYPE:Bass reflex via passive radiator DIMENSIONS:31.2" (79.25cm) x 15.9" (40.39cm) x 12.25" (31.12cm) WEIGHT: 52 lbs. (23.6kg) FINISHES:Walnut Oil, Oak Oil, Oak Clear, Finished Black BUILT FROM:1989 BUILT UNTIL:1996