ForwardAir pricing info

Karsoncookie

Just got off the phone with ForwardAir.

They do not have an online calculater for non acct holders.

I have a pair of speakers in Phoenix I need to get to Houston.

So my buddy in Phoenix will deliver them padded and wrapped on a pallet to Phoenix terminal.

48x40x32, 310 lbs.

Then they truck to their Houston George Bush terminal.

$201 they said all inclusive.

For future ref I asked how much if it was double the cubes and weight. Like $390, so proportional

Need to pickup within 48 hrs, or $30/ day storage.

Greyhound is out because they have 100 lb per package limit.

I don't recall why I tossed out UPS and FedEx , but they were at least like double+ the $.

Figured this would be helpful concrete info.   Lars

• Like 1

Have you ever used Forward Air? The rates are reasonable but they don't go out of their way to make it easy for individuals. They prefer commercial accounts.

The local Forward Air will only take a money order for the exact amount, which they can't calculate until they weigh it. That requires a trip to the closest convenience store to buy a money order for the exact amount. They don't accept cash or credit cards.

Perhaps your local Forward Air terminal has different rules. Be prepared to jump through hoops.

Edited by DizRotus

Have you ever used Forward Air? The rates are reasonable but they don't go out of their way to make it easy for individuals. They prefer commercial accounts.

Maybe they've changed.  I shipped a sub to Canada from Texas and the rates were extremely reasonable.  The only down side is that you have to bring your freight to a major air hub (Houston for me) and be picked up at one as well.