Belles in my future?

Maybe he doesn't know so much about his own Belles after all. Even I think the tags look much newer than early 80's. Bryant0086, thank you for your sharp eye. I finally saw the numbers you did but I had to jimmy with my monitor settings quite a bit to get past the glare. Maybe I'll call back and get the exact serial numbers. Are 2000 models valued any different than what he believes to be early 80s I wonder?

Edit: I called and he is going to call me back in the morning with the serial numbers.

Those are definitely newer... I edited the photo with the tag to bring out a little more detail. It's definitely mahogany and it does look like year 2000.

I alao took a photo of the tag on my 1999 LaScalas and it matches the type of tag used on those Belles. So it would make sense that they are newer even if they're not from 2000. Also the tag on my 1988 LaScalas are completely different.

post-12390-0-71660000-1426691757_thumb.j

post-12390-0-50740000-1426691917_thumb.j

post-12390-0-06420000-1426692428_thumb.j

• Like 2

I"ve read this forum for years but never commented but could not resist this thread. I went through a very similar situation when I bought my Belles. The guy thought he was sitting on a gold mine. I ended up telling him my bottom line and would keep looking. I heard back in about 12 hours and we had a deal. I wasn't looking for a friend, just a nice pair of Belles. I paid $2000 and am very happy with the purchase. Mine are 1988 models and had the dreadded AB cross over. These have AB-2 so are probably newer unless the x-over was updated. I upgraded to the Crites A4500 along with the CT125 tweeters which worked out beautifully. Dont haggle over a couple hundred dollars, get your Belles and start listening, you will be glad you did. I had been listening to RB 61s (similar to what you are now) and there is no comparison. I also have Heresys and numerous other speakers but always crank up the Belles when I want to hear my best.

• Like 1

Wow, thank you GPBusa for your efforts in salvaging the label photo.  Since the seller hasn't called me back with the serial numbers yet, this information is very helpful.  Looking at the Klipsch ID chart, it does look like they are 2000 model.  Gracias!

MookieSTl : I greatly appreciate your joining up just to comment on this thread. Since I am now a 1 day veteran allow me to be the first to welcome you to the fold!

Bryant0086 : Thanks for you thoughts on the touch up marker.  The little chips I see in the photos don't look major to me and I have been known to clean up many things with scratch cover and markers.  I remain curious about the condition around the bases of the cabinets.  I don't see any deep gouges or anything in the photos.

MookieSTl has pushed me over the edge as far as decision goes.  I have now attempted to call the seller and left a message that I'm a go if the Belles check out.  Yeah, a couple of hundred is not really worth haggling about considering the age and location of the Belles if they check out nice.

That's it for now.  Just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Congratulations!  You are going to love them!  You can use some Watco Restoration oil on them to repair any surface scratches and to help conceal the damage around the edges and corners. It'll even take out water marks from glasses.  I know I did it myself!  There is a thread floating around now on how to use the stuff.

Start looking for a subwoofer.  Seriously, it'll add a whole new dimension to the Belle's.  That's after the whole new dimension of the Belle's themselves!! :D

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Those would be 2000 models. I'm glad you  are taking the plunge but don't blame me for pushing you over the edge, you were already standiing way too close. I will be interested as to how the transaction turns out and hear about your reaction once you get them home and get them hooked up.

• Like 1

Those would be 2000 models. I'm glad you  are taking the plunge but don't blame me for pushing you over the edge, you were already standiing way too close. I will be interested as to how the transaction turns out and hear about your reaction once you get them home and get them hooked up.

You've been here for ONE day Mookie, and already you're making trouble!  :angry:

I think you're going to fit in here just fine.  B)

Guest Steven1963

When you get them, take pictures and post them here. We have a saying around here: 'pics or it didn't happen!'

If you never provide pics that you actually have them, we'll never believe that you ever had them!   :D

• Like 1

I thought I would post a photo

GASP there is stuff on your Belles; u r eighty sixed from the Belle club.

Show this post to your wife/mother/grandmother and tell her that you will be forced out of the He Man Woman Haters Club

Edited by USNRET