Look at These Two Auctions!!!

ohknats

That is weird! The first one is being sold by Jobman, a respected regular here. Looks like the second seller went a little overboard with the old "cut-and-paste" concept, eh? I'm sure Jobman will chime in here soon.

fini

YEP, I shall!

The swine has copied the text from my auction directly to his. I have the proof on the pictures on my auction page that the serial numbers are mine.

I have registered a complaint with Ebay, but so far, no response. Big Surprise!

I have emailed the seller and told him to change it, but since there are now bids, he cannot change the text. He could add some to state a correction, but so far, he has not.

I also emailed the bidders on his auction, not to try to disuade them from bidding, or get them to bid on mine, but just to let them know he is misrepresenting his speakers, and to check it out for themselves.

(I'll probably be the one that gets in trouble for Emailing his bidders! LOL)

Anyway, we shall see what happens. In my mind, his auction should be pulled for misrepresentation.

Who knows!

Jobman

------------------

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A Tube CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster, Rat Shack Interconnects.

Forte II's for Surrounds

eBay really doesn't like what that guy did copying your descriptions etc. They will most likely put him in unregistered status immediately upon verification. I have seen it happen before. Without being registered, unfortunately, his feedback rating will be inaccessible, which does not make sense really. eBay will tell those who inquire about him that they discourage you from doing business with an unregistered seller. It apparently will not stop the seller from continuing to sell, however. eBay seem so lame sometimes!

-C&S

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 08-09-2002 at 01:24 PM

I have had sellers copy my description and my photos in the past. When I was a power seller I was able to contact powerseller@ebay.com for a prompt (24 hour or so) reply. It would generally take them another day or two to "investigate" and at that point they would end the auction in question.

With 4 days left in the jerk's auction they may or may not get to it in time.

I emailed the seller asking him to verify the serial #'s of the speakers he is selling. I also told him that I had emailed Jobman also and that Jobman sent photos of his actual serial #'s to verify what he is selling. I am anxiously awaiting his reply and explanation.

Hmmmm...

The seller who cloned Jobman's text is a little scary. Not much feed back. Only two as seller and one of them is negative. But my guess is he is just a lazy SOB, so lazy, he didn't even bother to double check the listing he cloned before submitting it. This kind of stuff has to scare off bidders. Only one of the bidders so far seems to have any experience.

I might actually bid on these if I thought I could trust the guy as far as I could throw him or was close enough I could pick them up in person. Could get a good deal.

Hey! I just remembered. I have a friend who weighs 320 lb. who lives not far from Plano who could ensure that everything goes well. Nah, not worth the trouble.

Well, it went just like I thought.

I get a Nasty Gram from Ebay telling me about a complaint from an Ebay member regarding the Email I sent. The jerk complained to Ebay and also sent me a personal email attacking me. I knew I would come out on the short end! I should have just left him to discover he had been lied to. AND he is the one who pulled out of the auction!

3 of the others I contacted wrote back to say thanks for the info.

But, according to Ebays' rules, I am wrong, and it is true. (Like none of us have ever received an unsolicited email from someone on Ebay)

Ah well.

I just whish he would ammend his auction to actually show the real numbers. He might actually get some more bids!

Anyway, mine are gone now, with a BIN, so, s*$@w him!

Jobman

Catman- You must have emailed the seller, as I have responed to all mine.

I'm also waiting on a reply from the seller. This is starting to smell, but the seller only lives about 15 miles from me, (unless that was a cut/paste) so will see what happens.

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638