sweet la scala bass vs. Jub bass

alexg5775

"The La Scala and Belle are great with similar qualities but they don't go as low as the Khorn and the Jubilee goes a little lower than that."

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/14/144899.html

Really?

As far as deep bass, the current horn (Klipschorn) looks to go lower than the final prototype (Jubilee)

That was from a Roy post from a while back. I had khorns and jubs at one time and I would bet money that the jubs went lower. If that fact is wrong I would be surprised.

"The La Scala and Belle are great with similar qualities but they don't go as low as the Khorn and the Jubilee goes a little lower than that."

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/14/144899.html

Really?

As far as deep bass, the current horn (Klipschorn) looks to go lower than the final prototype (Jubilee)

That was from a Roy post from a while back. I had khorns and jubs at one time and I would bet money that the jubs went lower. If that fact is wrong I would be surprised.

seti if you look at the graph the difference in F3 is only a couple of Hz (Jubilee ~40Hz vs Khorn ~38Hz). If you add Roy's suggested LF PEQ Filter of [Freq = 32Hz, Q = 12, Gain = +7db] (which the Jub works really good with due in part to the Jub's larger throat vs the Khorn's throat) then F3 is ~30 Hz for the Jubilee.

The significantly lower distortion over most of the Jub's bandwidth versus the Khorn's distortion where both are at their highest levels is one of the most audibly important advances made by the new horn's design. It's simply has better clarity..!

The Khorn is still a low distortion loudspeaker that deserves great respect but PWK improved on his previous design with the Jubilee design.

miketn :D

Jubilee-AES-pg7-j.JPG

Jubilee-AES-pg8-j.JPG

• Like 1