av receiver

john

With just a little bit of research, it looks like even the then-flagship of the Onk line has the ubiquitous HDMI board problems. 

I am an Onk fanboy, but I can't recommend any of those affected products, even though Onk has taken responsibility and extended the warranty for older models until 2018.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1652514-onkyo-acknowledges-failed-units-extending-warrranties-until-2018-a.html

Everything else about the 5009 looks great, but unless you can get a steal on the price, just know you are buying a problem child.

I love the Onkyo sound(neutral) and have had great results with their products, but the Denon 4520 for $799.99 is rediculous.  Even new with full warranty at $999.99 is crazy.

Bill

• Like 1

^ Oh hell yeah. That's where it's at!

Yeah it is. If I wasn't on the fence on buying an amp, I would buy this 4520 and move my 4311 downstairs for the wife.

I love the Onkyo sound(neutral) and have had great results with their products, but the Denon 4520 for $799.99 is rediculous.  Even new with full warranty at $999.99 is crazy.

Bill

Amen. Even with the single year warranty. I have read the 4520 even sounds better than the new 7200, but I read a lot of "stuff".

Bill

Lots of great Onk and Integra deals on this page

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html?skip_redirect_suffix=&view_id=5554b3470694f0e3104e1992aaff7aa7d235df80&mode=&search_query=&category=&thumb_sort=store_price.desc