Additional wooferage

derrickdj1

Just picked up a jigsaw, clamp, additional wood glue, roller and paint.  I still need 4 lbs of polyfil for each box and should be ready to go when the stuff get's here in the next couple of day.  Carl, I got something totally different than duratex or satin.  Wait for the pic's!  I hope it turns out OK. :blink:

I order the kit 300-7099 for the 18 in., DVC Ultimax (2). This should complete my goal of ULF with a boom, lol.

I didn't even know there was a flat pack for the 18" Ultimax with.  BIG difference in woofage!   :emotion-21:

I ordered my sub flat pack kit from PE over the last weekend, it was shipped Monday via UPS and by Tues at 10a it was in my driveway! 

I live 4 hours from PE, but still, that's fast.  The 15" woof was double boxed, and marked FRAGILE in large letters on the box, and it came in perfect shape.  The other two boxes were packaged just as good.

I ordered these 6-prong T nuts

http://www.parts-express.com/10-32-deluxe-6-prong-t-nuts-50-pcs--081-1088

51oU5ZRQ6RL.jpg

And some black 10/32 hex-head nuts off Ebay, not because they were cheaper, but because PE only has those odd-ball security bolts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-32x1-1-2-Hex-Socket-Head-Cap-Screws-Alloy-Steel-Black-25-/390032940548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5acfc65e04

6084_1.JPG

I ordered these 6-prong T nuts

Have you started the build?  I am have 3 sides done and the baffle holes drilled.  Letting the glued pieces dry at this point.  I have not decided if I want to use polyfil or insulation material.  It would have been nice to get directions in the kit, he, he.

T

Primer and black satin latex looks great on them.

That would look nicer. I will check that out. I already have a perfect corner to put the sub in for nice placement and maximal output.

screw that. Try them nearfield! Then you'll be at ulf nirvana my friend. Trust me. Ten times cooler than the aura's

I have one 3/4 th built.  Next mount the wires, stuffing and terminal cup.  Then sand and wash everything before the finish.  Scrappy, I want is all, wooferage and the shakers.  I am going to try and use the I Nuke 3000 for the shaker as an amp for the subs.  They will be stacked and corner loaded.  So far, this is going pretty smooth except for cleaning the deck and planting trees in between today.

The Dayton boxes are smaller than my Chase boxes by a small margin.  Craig Chase new how to make a great box.  I already have a  riser that the stacked sub will go on.  I have tried my subs with and without the riser and thing sound better with them elevated and they seem to have more impact.

There have been several recent build threads so, I am keeping this project in this thread with just a few pic's of the progress.  I got the speaker terminal cups in the box and wired.  I am hesitant to start the finish as plan unless I can sand out a few imperfections that will show.  Open to ideals on get the wood filler box surface to perfectly blend.  Any need for a primer coat  on MDF?

I've had better success using a primer.

Duratex doesn't need it but it will allow you to use less product if the box is primed first.  It's a must for paint especially if you've used filler.  Derrick is being very elusive on his choice of finish however :ph34r:

Edited by CECAA850