Eagles HFO?

MattG

While I was in the store looking at purchasing this disk, I read the back and noticed that it said Seven Bridges Road was in DTS. It didn't say anything about the rest of the DVD being in DTS or even DD. I was hoping those of you who own it could enlighten me about this. I would really like to det it if it has some sort of 5.1 encoding.

Matthew

------------------

Denon 3802

RC-3 center

RF-3 mains

RS-3 rear & surrounds(4)

Panasonic DVD-RV26

Denon DCM3700 CD changer

Fisher 27" TV

Klipsch Quintets (6)

Get the DTS 5.1 version. It will say "DTS 5.1" across the top of the DVD case. The Seven bridges road is in DTS 5.1 sound only...no video. You will like it a LOT!

Take care

Mike

This message has been edited by Mikekid on 08-10-2002 at 08:05 PM

I picked it up the other day and got to listen to it last night, while the family was away. Very nice. I listened with the current HT system (LaScalas, Synergy and Reference). Cant wait to hear with the K-horns front and LaScalas rear.

As a side note, that was the first time I remember hearing Joe Walsh speaking. Is that what too many years of sex/drugs/rock & roll will do?

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scalas (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Living Room:

Yamaha RX-V590, 1978 Klipschorns Mainsc>s>

Jim....I too heard this (DTS) for the first time the other night while the family was away so I could 'do it justice' with my Khorn fronts, Belle center and Cornwall rears. I can only imagine what La Scala's would sound like back there! I found the DTS quality to be excellent. Lots of detail. However, I found the concert material itself to be a wee bit 'tame' for my taste. The 'unplugged' ballad-type repertoire is ok, but I would have preferred for equal time for the old 'plug it in and let'er rip' tunes. But then, at the risk of incurring the wrath of other members.....perhaps the 'paced' approach IS a function of 'too many years of s/d & r&r'. Now if you really want to see how melted too many years of non-stop partying will produce...look no further than Ozzie. As a diehard Sabbath fan, it is painful for me.

BTW - I have to say that although the DTS HFO DVD is steller, the Hotel CA DVD-Audio blows it away in qualifying as reference material. IMHO.

------------------

Ed