Speaker wire gauge recommendations

gadgtfreek

Since I am re-doing a lot of stuff, I'd like to get some of the 10 white or 12 white from BJC with the welded bananas on both ends. I really like these things and they are durable. All of the runs I am buying for are 9 feet or less from speaker to 200w amp. From my reading it seems 12 AWG is plenty. Just wanted to see if I was missing something before I ordered.

41AlpXigjsL.jpg

If you dont get the welded banana plugs, I bought these from Amazon and they have been the best ones I have ever used. They stay put, are very tight and with me being color blind, I can easily see which is positive/negative.

• Like 1

Nice. My white 12 now is long on every speaker, so instead of ordering all new I will trim it down. One end is ultrasonically welded, and I ordered some similar plugs already to go on the other end. Up until now Ive had the bare end attached to the speakers and the welded end on the amp.

41AlpXigjsL.jpg

If you dont get the welded banana plugs, I bought these from Amazon and they have been the best ones I have ever used. They stay put, are very tight and with me being color blind, I can easily see which is positive/negative.

Those are called BFA (British Federation of Audio) bananas.  I prefer them over regular banana plugs because the contact surface is larger, and they can be adjusted to be a bit tighter or looser. 

There's a number of companies making and selling BFA bananas, in a range of quality and price levels.

• Like 1