Few questions about the RC64ii vs RC62ii

gadgtfreek

Any of you guys run the 64II at 60hz?

I know it's freq response starts around 59hz, but my RC62II in my room actually could be set at 60hz according to mic tests by a calibrator and its actual in room response. I never did though.

Actually Audyssey MultEQ XT set my RC-64 at 60Hz but I prefer to run it at 70 or 80Hz.  My guess the reason for the Audyssey setting at 60Hz is because of some boundary gain from placing the 64 on a shelf in a 2ft deep niche above the TV.

1367800437.jpg

Now with the 64 sitting under the TV but still in the niche, Audyssey may also set it at 60Hz.

RC-64 Below.jpg

Bill

Thanks.

Audyssey likes to set my towers at 40 and the 62ii at 40. I know the room has some affect on this and it's actually the freq response in the room.

The audio calibrator confirmed both the 82ii's and 62ii were reading fine down past 60 in my room, but I always left them at 80. If I had a 70 I would use it, but my options are 60 and 80. I have a feeling if Audyssey and the Marantz report the 64ii at 40, that it could handle 60hz on the center channel.

Any of you guys run the 64II at 60hz?

I know it's freq response starts around 59hz, but my RC62II in my room actually could be set at 60hz according to mic tests by a calibrator and its actual in room response. I never did though.

Audessey actually sets mine to 40. I typically keep it on 60. However, Audessey also boosts the lower range of it making male voices sound weird. Voices actually sound better with audessey turned off on mine. It does that on every center though, doesn't matter which one.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I'm leaning heavily at running the 64ii at 60hz, and keeping the 7ii's there as well. 

My main issue with 80hz on the center, if it can be avoided, is some voices still carry over to the sub. I do not like that. I know the cutoff on the 64ii is 59hz, but room does have an affect and I have seen many folks end up with the AVR setting the 64ii at 40hz, and then just bumping up to 60hz and they are happy.

If it sucks I can always bump up to 80hz with about 10 seconds of button pushing  :)

Edited by gadgtfreek

I've owned the RC52II, 62II, and now own the 64II. It just keeps getting better the farther up the chain you go. The 64II is timbre matched to the 7II's so its a no brainer. I wouldn't say it's leaps and bounds better than the 62II but does have a bigger sound and clarity is better with the bigger 1.75in driver. I run it at 80hz and run my 7II's at 60hz. This sounds best to me in my room.

• Like 1