Klf 30 crossover rebuild

Would like to rebuild my crossovers. After I order parts, will they all just sodier right where old ones were? How do I tie the new parts to the terminal cup board? Anyone know of online step by step instructions?            

I'd like to keep everything on the term cups, as I dont want to remove the lower wofer again, or mount

Edited by sthomas12321

You should look up some YouTube videos on doing this if you've never soldered before. Having just done a set of crossovers in my KLF-30's I'd tell a person they're easy to do, but, I've done lots of passive crossovers in the last 30 years. Hot glue holds caps and resistors down and it might help with some heat from a hair dryer to soften them up. Or just razor blade them out little by little and de-solder them from the back side. It's 3 caps and a resistor per crossover so they're fairly simple. You do have to remove the 4 binding posts to get the boards where you can work with them.

Easy if you know what you're doing, but can go sideways on you real bad if you don't.

The better quality capacitors will NOT fit where the originals were. Even the lone resistor requires a bit of imagination with placement (only use Mills).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sthomas were you able to do this as you had hoped. I need to order a rebuild kit and would prefer to keep them mounted on the rear.

I have all the tools just wondering if the sonic caps etc. from Bob crites will fit on the factory terminal cup board?

Mine were just mounted to a separate board and Velcro-ed to the inside bottom of the cabinet. Never rattles or came loose. (thanks BobC!)

Same here.....super easy.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk