Behringer ep4000 for sale

prerich

Great sub amp and price.  You shouldn't have any problems selling it.

I hope I don't, however I thought it would be gone by now :( .....I haven't made it available to the local public yet.  That's also an actual picture of the amp - that's not a stock photo :) 

I was looking that that ad for a while, I should have asked my question earlier.  You might have gotten your higher price.   ;)  

I was wondering if that amp (PA type sub amps in general) would work in a bi-amp situation where the PA amp would be used to power the woofers only?

Specially, I wonder if it would be good for pumping more horsepower to my power hungry Klipsch CF-4 woofers?

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Alex G has been telling me to feed the CF-4 more power, especially bi-amping the woofs, 2-300 watts would not be too much.  I currently feed them in a 5.1 system with a 110 WPC Onk AVR.  My Onk 717 has pre-outs for bi-amping.

I have this idea that PA amps (high power, inexpensive, but small form factor and light) are not good for home audio speakers.  I have the impression that home audio amps (read, big, heavy and expensive) need to be used.  I think what I read was that the PA amps don't have fast enough transients (or whatever) to keep up with the demands of home audio speakers, especially on the HF section.  I know the PA amps are highly desirable for sub applications.

Could someone please set me straight on this once and for all?

Edited by wvu80

Alex G has been telling me to feed the CF-4 more power, especially bi-amping the woofs, 2-300 watts would not be too much.  I currently feed them in a 5.1 system with a 110 WPC Onk AVR.  My Onk 717 has pre-outs for bi-amping.

I have this idea that PA amps (high power, inexpensive, but small form factor and light) are not good for home audio speakers.  I have the impression that home audio amps (read, big, heavy and expensive) need to be used.  I think what I read was that the PA amps don't have fast enough transients (or whatever) to keep up with the demands of home audio speakers, especially on the HF section.  I know the PA amps are highly desirable for sub applications.

This PA amp has technology for transient power!!! I just noticed that on the box (A.T.R.) Accelerated Transient Response).  Are you game? Still at the $210 price (I only offered it at $210 on this site - others it's still at $240). 

Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Now some sound better than others, just like home amps.

I've had 4 QSC amps in my HT for about 8 years.  I can't count how many times I've heard "That's the cleanest system I've ever heard" after a music demo.

• Like 1

This PA amp has technology for transient power!!! I just noticed that on the box (A.T.R.) Accelerated Transient Response).  Are you game? Still at the $210 price (I only offered it at $210 on this site - others it's still at $240). 

I think you have it sold.  He who hesitates is lost!  :)

Put me down as a backup, if Mr. saekountry, who was in line first, doesn't take it.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1