Subwoofer - RSW12 vs Sunfire

mrt

Dustin B.,

And again you compare the Aerial to DIY subs,all know you cant best the value of a good DIY sub.Output/price ratio is second to none.Even SVS subs would lose this game(as SVS too has to make some profit to prosper ...DUH).

"It just ain't the king of the hill as you proclaimed and is over priced."

Over priced for YOU.Not for me or those with the money to buy this subwoofer and match it true quality speakers.

Show me a link to one non DIY sub capable of more output,better sub bass quality and better construction and finish under $5000.Please do

Oh I know the SVS SS beats the Aerial performance,I know and looks quite good in the custom finishes.

SO Dustin show me another sub as well rounded as the Aerial SW12.I am waiting...non DIY,remember.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

Over priced for YOU.Not for me or those with the money to buy this subwoofer

Snobbish? Arrogant? TheREAR!

cwm2.gif

Come on, no one cares about if you can buy it or not. Let's keep this at subwoofers level. Finishing and quality are two aspects that you can buy from a miriad of manufacturers. Some of them will be overpriced, some will be relatively cheap. This has NOTHING to do with the sound quality or slam of their products. Besides, around 5,000 is not that overpriced, but a Krell sub certainly is, not to mention other megahiend stuff. cwm13.gif

This message has been edited by Manuel on 08-18-2002 at 11:46 AM

Rutledge Audio . The work Brian does is just excellent. If you gave him a 1/3 of what you would pay for a SW12 he could build one of these DIY style subs for you with whatever veneer and stain you want (this is completely finished, you do no assembly yourself, although you can arrange it so there is some for you do to if you want). Check out some of the finishes on the GR Research monitors he has in the pics section of the site.

As for other actual commercial manufactures and not costum stuff, many have similar or better performance. But I will admit few if any have as nice of a finish. I'm sure there are some, I just haven't done the looking as I doubt I'll ever buy a commercial sub again.

This message has been edited by Dustin B on 08-18-2002 at 12:43 AM

I beg to differ with you when you said "The Aerial has no competition in birds eye maple", My uncle has built some pretty impressive stuff, that I have yet to see rivled. 4 18" woofers, and 4 Crown 3,600 watt mono 4 ohm amps (one per driver). I have heard it, and it crushes anything you put it up against, literaly if you put it on top of it!

------------------

-Trevor

Manuel Noriega,

Hey Noriega I can see you are on the right track...

"Besides, around 5,000 is not that overpriced"

Very good cwm27.gif

Your two links dont impress me too much,great work yes.But where is my bird eye maple finish?

Odinary varnish on plywood is nothing special,or gloss black.

Oh and you can call me snob all you want.

Trevor,

Yeah yeah my grampa had a subwoofer using eight 15" JL Audio W15(secret woofaz LOL)in a piano finish gloss(paint job by Steinway & You Know who)in a 2000 matrix braced box powered by two Krell MRA.Crossover designed by Mark Levinson

Its unfortunate but during max SPL tests his house collapsed and a hurricane came out of the ruins!Poor grampa,now he has to use Dynaudio hearing aids with SVS MicroUltra earplugs. Frown.gif

cwm27.gif

And my uncle is using a Klipsch Horn as his clock radio buzzer!

cwm27.gif

Did you know Manuel Noriega and Forrest Hump will build a subwoofer in a chimney 600ft high! Yes and use 100 18" woffaz powered by a Krell UMRSA(Ultimate Master Reference Subwoofer Amp 15MW RMS)!!!!!!

Dusty has estimated the output at 168dB 1 yard from the sub's base!Aint this wonderful?Liver damage N all

TheEAR(s) Now theears

theEARs,

Thanks for that wonderfully well thought out and worded response. It so clearly showed the depths of your knowledge and experience with subs. I can no longer argue with you as this last response confirms that everything you say about subs is irrefutable.

And again Manuel Noriega post some speakers in bird eye maple finish,all the links so far link to standard finishes.Not impressed

Oh look if its not Ferret Hump!

Hello Ferret,so Aerial and Sunfire are like B0$e huh.

Good I see you know these products well.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Manuel,

If you did read anything MRT asked about the Klipsch RSW12 and Sunfire subs.If you had nothing of value to post about these two subs why did you come here in the first place? I did not start to drag any product down.I can provide an answer because I have a RSW at home and a few Sunfire subs.DO you? I dont think so

And you call me a clown,who are you to call others clowns?At least I did answer MRT's question,you did NOT.

Same for Dustin,I know my English is not as fluent as yours(Mr Teacher) but all the home made speakers and subs(you showcased in the links) dont hold a candle to Aerial Acoustics in bird eye maple and B&W Signature series speakers in red or brown tiger eye maple.

So far all I see is average looking speakers,and since I am not swept away by the "sublime" and "perfect" finishes these copies display I am EVIL and WRONG.

Again Dustin,show me ONE home made product worthy of the Aerial/Dynaudio or Avalon level finish.I know its possible,but I want to see just one product as well finished.Just for the sake of the argument here.And dont blame picture quality.

Some even blame the fictive General Winter for losses.

cwm27.gif As General Winter did target only one side! LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears