What are my Klipschorns

Jim Cornell

Ok

No respond yet LOL!

Im in a modular home similar to a moble home, and some of the bass is either going thru the walls, or the floor!

Im wondering if i should 3\4 ply the back walls and floor with my K-horns?

It might just go thru that as well!

Also having a lot between the K-horns, will this cut the bass?

Like an 18 inch sub box the size of a cornwall!

Regards Jim

Jim,

I think you are right about the designer k-horns. Unfortunately all of my literature is at home. As far as your modular home, plywood, MDF or even 3/4 drywall would help. You might build up a set of false corners per Dope From Hope as posted here before, then you don't have to modify the house.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scalas (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Living Room:

Yamaha RX-V590, 1978 Klipschorns Mainsc>s>

Ill look into false corners down the road, im afraid of scratching these, theres none on them!

The K-horns are eqaul to 2 sets of cornwalls, ive gained the same as having all 4 again!

The chorus are still here, wife let me keep them, the sound difference is not comparable to K-horns!

Now on the chorus, a 98 pound speaker could have been made to produce more low end, theres basically none, now that ive heard the K-horns!

If i were to have bought chorus, and never heard a K-horn or cornwall, i would live happily with the chorus, just fine!

But i started out with the KG.3s in 1990, and have owned KG. 5.5s 4 of them, KG 4s, cornwalls, and these chorus, then hit the big time with the K-horns!

I still do miss my cornwalls, if that says anything!

My opinion, they ARE the precise match to the K-horn.

But i always have to remember, the chorus, themselves were 1,600 a pair, and these still are no joke!

They are high quality, just like the rest of the Klipsch speakers!

And still beat most manufactueres out there!

Also im not toying with the type AAs there fine to me!

I have Klipschorns front, and 4 chorus on the rear, 1 set on 2 channel, the others are rear surround!

The wife wants to get another set of cornwalls, so i guess im still not done LOL!!

on and on and on!

Ill get a picture some day, i have no digital camera no more!

Best regards Jim

quote:

Originally posted by Jim Cornell:

...Also im not toying with the type AAs there fine to me!....Jim

I agree with you on the AA's. As I said in another post, I will look for a reasonable buy on a pair of the AK-3 networks for comparison. But the AA's will not be sold.

BTW - I haven't used the HT system in the last two weeks. Been listening to LP's and CD's on the Klipschorns.

They are wonderful aren't they!

Enjoy,

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>