McIntosh C22 For Sale

Gorm

Price - 3800 + Shipping for Klipsch forum members. Money order, Cashiers check, personal check, cash on pickup. I would welcome Paypal as well, but I need 3800 out of the preamp when its all said and done.

I am pricing the C22 to hopefully move it quickly. The 3800 is Klipsch forum only price. I listed it on Craigslist for 4500. I am really hoping this can stay with the "Klipsch family". :)

Well, I really didn't want to sell this piece. It goes with the Mc240 very well, and the two together sound fantastic.

Unfortunately, thanks to a 5 inch in 4 hour rain storm we got last week, my finished basement took on water, and thus my priority's are now else ware. Luckily all of my gear was on the upper level listening room, and no where close to being damaged in the basement. It was finished though, so a lot of tear out work has commenced.

Anyways, I bought the C22 and Mc240 from another Klipsch forum member and intended to keep it with the Mc240.

I ordered a new piece of front glass from McIntosh to replace the slightly bubbled one on the front of the unit. (See photos).

The C22 has had the deluxe rebuild from NOSValves. I have all of the OEM parts that he replaced in the unit. I also have the invoice from Craig.

The C22 is in very good condition outside of the glass, which will be replaced. It looks and sounds great.

The wood case is an original McIntosh L52 Walnut slated leg case with Panlocs. The case is in very good condition. Only some light scratching on the top of the unit from normal wear / tear. No serious gouges, scrapes, peeling...etc.

I have a ton more photos that I can send or upload.

Willing to work on price with any interested forum members. I fully realize that this preamp goes for the price of an average used car. After listening to it...I know why.

Obviously, this unit is a major investment. I am willing to Facetime, or other type of communication for a demo of the unit. I'm also willing to drive / meet someone if its somewhat nearby. (200 miles)

If not, I do have the double box Audioclassics "crate" to ship it in.

Update: New Glass installed on 6/29. The preamp looks fantastic!

Also, here is a youtube video of the preamp in action. http://youtu.be/_4ZiaGuQGpQ

post-47947-0-01440000-1435608405_thumb.j

post-47947-0-02600000-1435608427_thumb.j

post-47947-0-68880000-1435608471_thumb.j

Edited by Gorm

Hi Gorm, did I miss the price and your location or?  Sorry about your situation...

Hey Jim,

Its eastern Iowa.

I didn't state a price. Was kinda open to offers. Obviously, the preamp will only appeal to a few people given its value. I'm not looking for top dollar, I'm willing to negotiate a good deal for someone who will utilize the preamp.

eBay prices are anywhere from 3000-4400. A lot depends on the condition. Given that this is NOSvalves rebuilt, and the new glass from Mcintosh, as well as the rare slant leg case. I could only guess as to what I might get for it on eBay. However, I'll lose 15 percent going that route. Rather lose that amount to a member or someone local, who can see, hear, and touch the unit to know exactly what they are buying. 3000+ is a ton of money, but it really is an investment piece. In 2010 C22s were half of what they are going for now.

Part of me just wants to keep it, but I can't wait a year to re-finish the basement and my home theater. :(

The new glass will be here next week. I'll have it installed and take better photos. Once the glass is replaced, the preamp is a 9/10 on the Audiogon scale. Right now it is a 7/10 due to bubbling glass.

Edited by Gorm

Sorry you need to sell and about the basement.  My old house had water issues.

I may pick up a generator on the way home now.  Nearly all of my collection is in the basement.  :wacko:

Good luck with the sale.

Yah, owned the house 8 years and know the previous owners who sold me the house. It never came back up in all that time. 3 other neighbors got it as well. Going to have a backflow valve installed to prevent that from happening again.

Luckily it was too bad, only about 1-1.5 inches. Once it reached the sump pump area it just got pumped outside. That totaled the carpet, drywall, ect. All are being torn out. :(

Edited by Gorm