I need help in St. Louis! found my KLF-30's

Matthews

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/5111104025.html

I have been searching for quite a long while now.  Finally a possible local lead :)

My dilemma: I live in Columbia, MO.  I have no way to procure these in a timely fashion before they are GONE.  If I can get my co-worker to cover the "on-call" phone for me this weekend, I am there!!!  

Just before posting here, I did email the seller.  Hopefully to hear back very soon. 

HELP?

Edited by Matthews

I hope this works out for you, but I get suspicious when I see stock pictures and stock tech info.  Of all the info included in the CL ad, the s/n was not listed and that would have been helpful in making your decision.

The KLF series are the ones that had the bad-glue problem.  The motorboard would rattle due to some bad hot glue on the early models, the later models did not have that problem.  You might want to do some research, then look for that problem when you inspect them. 

The rattle is fixable with some work on your end, but if they rattle that might make a difference in your negotiations on price.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149051-klipsch-klf-30/

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I get suspicious when I see stock pictures and stock tech info.

Yes, I requested the seller to send some actual photos.  Also, asked for a more accurate description of their condition, without getting technical (i.e. bracing and glue).  More questions for the seller coming...

fingers crossed :smile:

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 1

if you get better info, let me the location and I could possibly stop by for a first hand look/listen for you. I saw this add and thought about your quest for these, but like wvu80 was skeptical due to lack of actual photos and information. There was also no specific location given. I'll help if I can. Not sure why you would go to KLF30 from LaScala, but.......

• Like 1

I could possibly stop by for a first hand look/listen for you

Awesome, thank you, Mookie!  I have not heard back from seller but it is still early.  I am skeptic...

Not sure why you would go to KLF30 from LaScala, but.......

Yeah, I know, call me crazy :wacko:   - just some ideas I am toying around with (i.e. $$$)...

I get suspicious when I see stock pictures and stock tech info.

and no phone number.

I don't post my number on CL either, because I fear bots scraping numbers. 

I think CL provides for a way to "hide" the phone number behind a pop up menu, but I communicate via the CL scrambled/protected email feature first.  Then if I think there is legitimate interest I send my phone number, "OK to text or call" and I give my first name.

I meet people at public places like a school or the mall because they have cameras.  Rarely do I allow anyone I don't know to come to my house unless it is a big item and there is no other way.

• Like 1