Specimen 2-Channel Rig

I am primarily posting for others pleasure, and curiosity if any other members are familiar with the brand Specimen? Apparently they are handmade in Chicago, and are quite pricey. 

I was asked by a colleague to look over his house last weekend and stumbled upon his wife's music room. And what I found was surprising, unique, and quite beautiful. I did fire it up and give it a quick listen. IMO it's a better looking, than sounding speaker system. There was very little mid-range or bass. However it was a crystal clear sound. 

So has anyone else ever seen these or have experience/opinions?

post-51058-0-31880000-1436465052_thumb.j

post-51058-0-56760000-1436465072_thumb.j

Edited by johnnydrama

They are an interesting company.  I've seen the specs for their triode strapped 6L6 mono amps and am a bit skeptical at their claim of 8 watts out.  Any chance you could borrow your friend's amp some time to try with your XF-48s?  That would be a nice addition to the "Tubes and Klipsch" section if it ever happens!  If not, even a review in 2 channel would be useful and enjoyable.

Maynard

Just realized that your speakers are self-powered!  Oh well........

Edited by tube fanatic