Mike Holmgren on Brett Favre

jimjimbo

At Favre's Packer HOF induction a few weeks ago....No matter your feelings about either guy, this is pretty damn good.  Holmgren is both funny and touching.  Great speech.

https://youtu.be/0z6LTdY3jCE

I love them both.  Very touching when Holmgren said Brett was like the son he never had.

In all Favre's arrogance and some may say narcissism, he was one tough dude.  He got the crap beat out of him for a long long time and never missed a day of work for over 18 years.  Not many people I know can say that and they work in a protected cubicle for 8+ hours a day.

Bill

• Like 1

It's funny you say arrogance, because I don't see it that way....when you are playing one of the most demanding, most important positions in all of sports, you have to have total belief in yourself, as Holmgren states so eloquently in this speech...otherwise, you might as well not even play.  Other quarterbacks may express themselves in other, less animated ways, but they all have to have that deep inside them to succeed at that level....

It's funny you say arrogance, because I don't see it that way....when you are playing one of the most demanding, most important positions in all of sports, you have to have total belief in yourself, as Holmgren states so eloquently in this speech...otherwise, you might as well not even play.

Wrong choice of words.  Confident is more fitting.  I don't consider him arrogant either, but many detractors do.  

I only wished I watched his career more during the 90's but I was too busy watching another great John Elway get his glory.

Bill

It's funny you say arrogance, because I don't see it that way....when you are playing one of the most demanding, most important positions in all of sports, you have to have total belief in yourself, as Holmgren states so eloquently in this speech...otherwise, you might as well not even play

It's like being a drummer.