Conspiracy Theroy- Windows 10

derrickdj1

The masses have decided that the value of privacy was just a myth... In fact we don't care. It required modern technology to flush that truth out. Amazon is now successfully selling a listening device that you place in the room and it is ON 24/7 and will take orders or answer questions without having to speak directly into it. Ha ha.

I tried the Amazon Echo for 1 week, it is now back at Amazon "full refund" I used it only when I was home and awake. Otherwise it was unplugged. Thought it was cool at first than relized it is still in it's infancy. This whole thing is a race to see who gets the bragging rights to the best Digital Assistant the major players right now are Siri, Alexa, Cortana and Google Now. Facebook is looking into this venture as well.

I think that whole effort is misguided.  I don't not see much use beyond getting the forecast or looking up a phone number.  Maybe a few other things, but I don't see any big markets for this kind of functionality.  When you get more complicated than the weather, you have to realize that search results will contain myriad hits, many of which are irrelevant.  It will still take a human to process the hits and select the one that is desired.

One of my coworkers has two of the Echo devices. He turns on off lights, his music, adjusts the thermostat, all with voice commands. He loves his.