What was your first "tube experience?"

tube fanatic

My parents Zenith console. Wasn't aware at the time as a young kiddo but yep, tube powered. Turntable, tuner, full range speaker all in a '50's contemporary cabinet. It use to buzz and being maybe 10 yo, I just banged on the side thinking that would clear things up - never worked. Listened to the first Beatles album on that thing as my parents just shook their heads. Other than needing new tubes it is in near mint condition for its age. It now sits downstairs next to a KHorn. A family heirloom blast from the past.

My experience is very similar. My parents had a wonderful unit. I have never owned a tube amp but may at some point.

Some of those old consoles sounded wonderful. My parents unit had a great warm sound and plent of bass.

Wow I haven't even thought of that rig in 30 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still on my first quasi tube experience.  I have a hybird amp.  Tube pre and SS rear.  I like it with the Forte's.  I have more to learn before getting a tube amp.  I guess if I just jump in, I will learn much faster, lol.  I though a tube amp was a good ideal in case a large EMP from a bomb happens.  This way I can still listen to music.  Wait, if that happens I may have more pressing things to worry about, lol.