Perseid Meteors, anybody see Any?

minermark

But you have to be rich to live in California right?

no--lot's of public services here as well.

i haven't minded living here until i started thinking about retiring...then i realized how stinkin much i'm paying and there is no way i want to keep paying these prices. Elsewhere you can get twice the house for half the price...gasoline is absolutely ridiculous and some bozo now wants to make it even worse by limiting the amount of fossil fuels that a company can sell.  guess what that will do to the price of gas? Like Mark said, everything is taxed or when you don't want to use that bad word, they call it a fee..

• Like 1

Thank You.  Somebody just recommended Oregon to me. I’ve only drove through that state.

Oregon or Nevada was always the choice here, Oregon was looking real good but these days im hearing from people that live there, they would move if they could, Tax's and Fee's are corupting Oregon Govt since losing logging like they used to.

Nevada gets it's major money from Gambling, always has, likely always will, there are of course things that come up that the locals will bi otch about, but Nothing compared to Calif.

What about Wyoming?  My Mom & Dad both died five months apart--when I was 8.  I remember my Dad saying that when he got out of the hospital we were going to buy a ’69 RoadRunner (Orange & Black) and move to Wyoming.

Soft spot in my heart now for both--although never owned a roadrunner (i did watch the cartoon) and have only driven through Wyoming (at that was a night).

• Like 1

What about Wyoming?  My Mom & Dad both died five months apart--when I was 8.  I remember my Dad saying that when he got out of the hospital we were going to buy a ’69 RoadRunner (Orange & Black) and move to Wyoming.

Soft spot in my heart now for both--although never owned a roadrunner (i did watch the cartoon) and have only driven through Wyoming (at that was a night).

Nothing wrong with that, wife and i loved Wyoming and Nebraska and Mo when we drove through, and stayed in them all.

Always Talked the locals every time, none really complained about their state.

The wife and i are changing our latitude not longitude.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

i haven't minded living here until i started thinking about retiring...then i realized how stinkin much i'm paying and there is no way i want to keep paying these prices. Elsewhere you can get twice the house for half the price...gasoline is absolutely ridiculous and some bozo now wants to make it even worse by limiting the amount of fossil fuels that a company can sell.  guess what that will do to the price of gas? Like Mark said, everything is taxed or when you don't want to use that bad word, they call it a fee..

3 bedroom 2 bath 1800 sq ft brick house on a slab with between 1/4 and 1/2 acre in the city for about 130k here (great neighborhood) with $2.25/gal gas.  It's not crazy everywhere. 

EDIT, no state income tax either.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 2

Back on track....

Last night, watching the northeastern sky from 10:30 pm to midnight, I counted 35 meteorites. It was really cool.

A well advised and noble attempt to return us to the topic and I'm bummed I missed it. My own fault, but glad you saw that much, it must have been spectacular!

• Like 1

3 bedroom 2 bath 1800 sq ft brick house on a slab with between 1/4 and 1/2 acre in the city for about 130k here (great neighborhood) with $2.25/gal gas.  It's not crazy everywhere. 

EDIT, no state income tax either.

hmmm, 2005 I paid $478,000 for an 1100 sq ft house--then lost it in a divorce. I didn’t really like it; but, the burglars did.  Stupid burglars too -- they left the Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1