RP-280F System Crossover HELP

busht4169

I have always had an issue with this site but the best way I have found was a hosted site like Photobucket.

I think I got it.  Note the cat in the lower right.  He was an integral part of getting my system up and running.  Now to hide/cleanup wires...I hate wire cleanup!!!

post-61623-0-47520000-1440443781_thumb.j

post-61623-0-19040000-1440443920_thumb.j

post-61623-0-62680000-1440444008_thumb.j

Edited by busht4169
  • Like 2

What crossover(s) did you finally go with?

After using a DDRC - 88A Dirac Processor to calibrate, I am running 67Hz.  There was a peak I had to deal with, but easily corrected.  I am not one for too much bass (exception being awesome movies), but I am not having any issues with subwoofer localization.  The Pioneer Elite SC-91 has the ability to store several memory presets for setup preference.  For movies the sub gain is around 0db and I have used the gain on the sub a couple times, but for music, I use the sub gain at middle, but the preset on the Elite for sub output -10db.  The bass is still there, but not in competition with the RP-280F's.  The overall sound at this crossover is remarkably crisp!!!  67Hz is still using much of the RP-280F capability, but removes strain from the amp and frees up overhead.  I have listened to everything from Rock (Kiss Vinyls and Journey and AC/DC), to the most boomy of Sci-fi movies (Transformers).  The results are fantastic.  The Dirac made the difference.  I can hear every whispers at low volume, and every thud even in night-time mode.  To anyone reading this, the new Reference Premier Series steals much of the Palladium's thunder without breaking the bank.  I will post Dirac graphs to anyone who wants them in comparison to Palladium Series.  The results are +-3db in most categories, which is the threshold of human perception.  

• Like 1

Hope you like the results though.

Actually, It's nice to hear you like the results. ;) Congratulations.

Sorry.  I guess I better like the results.  I am the one listening.  Haha.  I have to say though, it really is clean.  I have some good vinyl and I can hear every guitar pluck, every breath.  It really is shocking to me.  Thanks for your interest.  You have a killer system too from the looks of it.  

Congrats on bringing home the new gear! Nice to see the RP-280F's in action. And the R-115SW should pack a nice punch. Pretty cool that the sub can be wireless, which makes for a convenient sub crawl & eventual placement. Looks great, I'm sure it sounds even better. Master Chief approved. 

• Like 1