Infinity center channel question

JiminSTL

Jim,

I have a KV-1 you can borrow to see if it works for you. Specs don't show it going to 50 hz but I have used it as stand alone and it was respectable. I also have a KSC C1 that is about the same size and specs claim it gets a little closer to 50 hz. I'm in St.L so if you want to try either or both let me know.

Hi, Mookie,

Just got back in town, and saw your nice offer.  I may take you up on it, if I cannot get a soundbar I already own to connect properly (am sure IT WILL, is only that I am having trouble figuring it out!).  Scrappy (a couple of posts ago suggested a soundbar, so I will upload some photos of what I have, and perhaps someone more technically inclined than I can figure out what I should connect where.

Look forward to meeting one day!

Dang Scrappy, don't tempt me....I need one....lol!

He's tempting me too, and I don't need one!   :ph34r2:

I've never heard those smaller Klipsch speakers (6" woofs) but I have a center with 7" woofs, and I really like the sound of voices through speakers in that woof range, 6" to 7 inches.

Edited by wvu80

I actually scooped an RC-3 off of Ebay last night with a low ball offer of $90. Nice condition too. I am going to use that to center my two RC-3 II's I am using as mains with a pair of RS-3 II's as surrounds through my Sherbourn PT7020C4 and Emotiva UPA-1 amps. I have a pair of subs set up with it so I can use the clarity these speakers provide for crystal clear surround without having to push them since the subs take up most of the work.

I also just picked up a KLF-C7 off of Ebay to center by bedroom set up. So many speakers, so little time!

Edited by teaman

Hey all,

Just returned to town, and see I need to re-phrase my question/situation, in light of Scrappy's suggestion about a soundbar.  My AVR in my bedroom application is a Yamaha RX-V575.  View of back is shown below.  I have the AVR set up w/ Scene 1 being the Blu-Ray/DVD, Scene 2 as the TV, Scene 3 is internet radio, and Scene 4 is AM/FM tuner. 

I have a Charter Cable Box w/ HDMI Out. 

I have a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar that I would like to use. Connections in photo below.

I have a Vizio 47" LCD TV, connections area shown below, too.

So, my question is what wires and connections are involved for me to hear all audio out of the soundbar (TV speakers off)?

Thank you for your help!

post-58002-0-28520000-1441133829_thumb.j

post-58002-0-05000000-1441133859_thumb.j

post-58002-0-21800000-1441134261_thumb.j

Edited by JiminSTL

Problem with new receivers is they almost always have hdmi out only if they are lower models. BUT I would think you can all sources via hdmi to tv then run a single optical cable from TV to sound bar. Just not sure if the TV will pass everything through. If not can still do sound from TV and then blu ray player separately to sound bar. Just run optical from disc player to sound at but also use the hdmi for picture still to the TV.

If you want you can give me a call when your doing this and I can try and help some. OR in a few weeks I'll be heading to chesterville area to possibly pick some stuff up maybe I could stop by.

Edited by Scrappydue

Problem with new receivers is they almost always have hdmi out only if they are lower models. BUT I would think you can all sources via hdmi to tv then run a single optical cable from TV to sound bar. Just not sure if the TV will pass everything through. If not can still do sound from TV and then blu ray player separately to sound bar. Just run optical from disc player to sound at but also use the hdmi for picture still to the TV.

If you want you can give me a call when your doing this and I can try and help some. OR in a few weeks I'll be heading to chesterville area to possibly pick some stuff up maybe I could stop by.

Hi, Scrappy, did what you said in 1st para above.  Worked.  Thank you.  Now, I just need to be able to pass audio through the soundbar without having the TV on.

Great news about your likely trip to Chesterfield in a few weeks.  I am only a short distance west of there, 1 mile away from Hwy 40/ I64, so is very convenient.  Let's make a point of getting together--one Navy man (and Klipsch forum member) to another.

Hi, Mookie,

A kind offer.  Actually, I do have a couple of center channels I could use.  One, however, is simply too large (6 1/2" woofers), and the other is a Bose VCS-10 (was included in a group purchase).  The Bose solves the size and the issue of having to have the TV on (or not).  The problem?  1) I really was hoping for a greater frequency range (in this admittedly non-critical listening environment), and 2) it is "Bose", and likely the object of great ridicule on this forum!  :wacko:

Upon further discussion with my other half, she prefers to not have music at 2-3AM, with the TV screen still on (the soundbar arrangement, the soundbar simply does not have the correct connections to accomplish the standby with the TV), so if I must have quiet music throughout the night, it will have to be with a center channel that will fit the physical confines.

So, will muddle through with what I have, I suppose.  But, I do thank you for your offer!!!