TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ samson 1000 watt amp

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

A black academy was probably originally made of walnut (or oak) and then, because of flaw in the wood, finished at the factory in black. If the black was stripped off the blemish would be revealed.

I won the E-bay auction.Well, he did send me 3 pics of the speaker...looks pretty good, just not used to seeing a shiney Klipsch speaker...I did buy it to go with my Chorus II fronts and my Forte' II rears. (I am still deciding on what to use for my center rear and front effects) We will see what kind of condition it is in internally when it arrives. Reading this post makes me kinda nervous. I think it will be easy to put back to black because of Klipsch's high cabinet quality.

Niceguy -

This is not the first capnfixr thread on this bb. Capnfixr has been buying up academy speakers across the internet and reselling them on EBay for a number of months now. He always sets the initial bid high. Most of the forum members are just sick of his "price fixing" on a speaker that is highly sought after.

NG,

Agree with Cluless comments. Our propensity to hack on the old Captain does not mean you have to fear that your Academy will arrive in a less than functional state. Many of us do not like his practice of trying to gouge buyers by setting unrealistic opening prices for Academys. Plus, he used that poor pouch of his as a prop in the auction photosEek.gif

Yep, we do get a kick out of whacking him and his auctionsSmash.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-27-2002 at 12:34 PM

quote:

Originally posted by erdric:

Why do I get the feeling the good captain is laying low on that $15 Academy until the last Minute?.....

erdric,

It is very likely other snipes are lurking as well. For your sake, I hope not. Maybe the good Captian will be at the pound, looking for one of those little Holstein Dogs for his next auction photo.cwm35.gif

Wish you the best!

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Yeah, I'm sure there are snipers watching this auction. I've been beaten a couple of times by last second bidders but not on anything I really wanted. I'm afraid I'm guilty of doing it once or twice.

I'll see how high the price goes. If it gets too high I'm not going to bother. The Forte II's I just picked up were more or less an impulse buy. I wasn't expecting to be making a semi large purchase last week so I'm short on funds for the next couple of weeks. I may not end up with this Academy but those Fortes sound damn good! I just hope the 'cappy' doesn't win it.

This message has been edited by erdric on 08-27-2002 at 06:56 PM

Well, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm not sure I was taken too bad at $350, I have seen them for much higher. The pictures looked pretty good, and he shipped it Fed Ex 2 day, which isn't bad. Does anyone know what is the best stain product to return it back to it's original black? My goal is to put it back like it's supposed to be, plus my Forte' II's are black as well as the TV. My Chorus II's are walnut oil. Thanks guys.