Cptnfxr's Custom Finish Academy

ShapeShifter

Well the Academy has arrived, and all I can say is OMG. Now I know why it is in such demand. It's like all the speakers in the front of the room blend seamlessly together tone wise. Thanks for the offer Bev. Maybe we can work something out. Wink.gif

------------------

My System:

Mitsubishi 65908

Yamaha RX-V1

Panasonic DMRE30 DVD RAM

Pioneer CLD3080

Chorus II (Main)

Academy (Center)

Forte' II (Rear)

RCA Lineaum(Center Rear/front effects)

Yamaha M-80

RCA right/left sub

NG2-

Welcome to the world of Academy and the heaven a timbre-matched front trio of speakers can give you. I have the identical set-up you have, but all in OO. I'm glad there was a happy ending for your Cptn story. Might not be all bad to buy from him, but I'm set for a long time.

Hey..I ALMOST have the same setup as you two. I can only fit KG1.5's in the back right now though. Hmmm, if I could just ditch that wood stove... We would freeze, but it would sound SOOOO GOOD!

Nice goin' there NG!

Take care

Mike ( The Yamaha Underdog)

NiceGuy glad you are happy with your purchase!

Wes

I have a picture of his academy post with the dog at work - Im thinking of cropping it, to get just the dog. Then posting a sale on e-bay of photo-copied Klipsch manuals with the dog. Maybe I need Justin to some creative photo editing to add some pink fur accoutrements. What Do you Think? I could post my sale the same time capnfixrs next one. And we all know there will be a next one.

Less - the evil one

Cluless,

Ahhh yes, we're fixin' to fix the Captn'. Sounds like a good plan...bet Justin could whip up some intestering graphical effects. Heck, the good Captain may well be high bidder..and that would be a hootcwm29.gif Good bet his next Klipsch listing could be Colin's former Cornwalls!

Ahhhh..what evil lurks in the minds of Klipsch Maven'sBiggrin.gif

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 09-02-2002 at 06:51 AM

Looks like the good Captain has now graduated to Fortes and Heresy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377648805

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1377856916

This guy is like the Langoliers when it comes to gobbling up Klipsch speakers. I fear Wes may be right - looks like his appetite is ever-increasing for larger and larger speakers. I'm envisioning the dog posed in front of a set of Khorns in the not too distant future.

Speaking of the dog, Cluless may be on to something. Note that the text accompanying the Heresy ad indicates that the couch is not included. By logical extension, this would imply that the dog is, since he is prominently displayed in the photo. I only play a lawyer on TV, but I think we may have a case.

I'm off to the living room to nail down my Chorus' to the floor, lest they wind up in some future Ebay ad with that damm mutt in front of them...

C

------------------

My System

Colin-

You beat me to the post on the two Capt eBay listings. Yes, looks like he is upgrading his tastes. I think he has upgraded his dog though, as it doesn't look like the same one from his earlier Academy pics. Hope Colin's Cornwalls are well treated.

Yes, I saw that Academy go for dirt cheap last night. I nearly fell out of my chair! Good idea to nail down the existing speakers, but I don't think the capt would like mine with the OO.