Center Channel Question

busht4169

Ok thanks .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I hope that helped.
Yes it did just thinking where i would put it.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

You worry too much.  You will find the space.  It is waiting for you.  can't you hear the whispers in your ear???  Buy it, Buy it.  LOL

I join with the others who say keep your RC-62 II. I'd rather have your dual 6.5's vs quad 5.25".

The only way I'd consider the RP450C... is if you already had  Walnut RP-280's & you wanted a matching Walnut RP-450.

Or if the front of your HT was extremely wide, then the 31" wide RP-450 might  offer some benefit. But even then you could use center gain 

with your front R / L to address that issue. Since you do not have Walnut towers & your room is not unusually wide... stay with your RC-62 ll. 

• Like 1

After testing the 450C, I have decided to listen to Scrappy and NISMO.  The RC-62II has a richer more full sound that I enjoy.  Youthman, your input was considered, but I have to listen to my ears.  I just like having the fullness that I could not seem to achieve with the 450C.  Thx everyone for responding.

• Like 1

The RP center may be more laid back sounding like the RC64.

The RP 280F, and far more laid back than the RF7 II.  They have nearly all the knockdown power, but the new horn is of particular interest.  It is powerful enough to project clear highs, without being too harsh...at least to my ears.  The RC 62II which has the older design horn, actually benefits from the extra power and seems to be very balanced with the 280F's.  But as you stated, it's all listener preference.  Thx again for you input Youthman.  See you in another thread!

After testing the 450C, I have decided to listen to Scrappy and NISMO.  The RC-62II has a richer more full sound that I enjoy.  Youthman, your input was considered, but I have to listen to my ears.  I just like having the fullness that I could not seem to achieve with the 450C.  Thx everyone for responding.

Excellent that you were able to demo the 450C, I would have to believe the RC 62 ll has a fuller sound.

I still prefer my RC-7 with dual 8".... vs the newer RC-64 ll with quad 6.5" (then again the original RC-7 with match up better with my RF-7 to begin with).

Even if you did change to the 450C, doubtful it would provide a $650 improvement (if any), Glad to learn you could save some $$$ staying with the 62.

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 1

Excellent that you were able to demo the 450C, I would have to believe the RC 62 ll has a fuller sound.

I stiff prefer my RF-7 with dual 8".... vs the newer RC-64 ll with quad 6.5" (then again the original RC-7 with match up better with my RF-7 to begin with).

Even if you did change to the 450C, doubtful it would provide a $650 improvement (if any), Glad to learn you could save some $$$ staying with the 62.

Yeah man.  That was my thought too.  I have more sound with the older product that if I spent $650.  In the end, my ears said dual 6.5 is better than quad 5.25.  I really spent time with it too.  Under multiple settings.  The RC62II is just the better to my ears.  BTW, the Marantz arrives tomorrow and the 140SA either Tuesday or Wed.  Really excited!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah man.  That was my thought too.  I have more sound with the older product that if I spent $650.  In the end, my ears said dual 6.5 is better than quad 5.25.  I really spent time with it too.  Under multiple settings.  The RC62II is just the better to my ears.  BTW, the Marantz arrives tomorrow and the 140SA either Tuesday or Wed.  Really excited!!!!

Congrats on the Marantz... that will deliver some great power & free up your SC-91. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the Marantz... that will deliver some great power & free up your SC-91. 

Thx man!  Really excited.

Plus, get ready for all your older Blu-rays to sound really good too. The newer AVR's like your SC-92 (& my Denon 4100) have dropped Dolby Pro Logic llz & but they replaced it with a new Dolby Surround (upmixer) format for use with Non-Atmos legacy content. The Dolby Surround format will send (non-Atmos) content to your RP-140SA's. I'm watching the Matrix right now... trying to dial in my new sub position, orientation & recalibrate everything.

• Like 1