argument with Infinity patron!

prodj101

I was at the local audio king shop the other day, just to go look at the RSW-15 I had ordered cause I couldn't bear living with out one, and while there, I walked over to have a look at a display using an adcom amp and pre amp, and a sony SACD player, and Infinity Interludes (comperable to the Klipsch SF-2 in my opinion ) playing Herbie Hancock-Head Hunters (by the way, a great cd, I own it and listen to it daily!). But anyway, this guy comes up, and I tell him, man, they should be selling this stuff with Klipsch speakers instead. And he's like, "well, I think Infinity really put out a much nicer sound than Klipsch will ever be capable of." so of course, I'm like, "Oh really? Why do you think they would have the Klipsch in the top display room instead than?". and he says, "The RF-7, RSW-15, and RC-7 are klipsch's only good speakers, everything below them sucks". This argument went on for quite some time, but in the end, he was the one who walked away with no more come backs. What a great time!

------------------

-Trevor

Yep. That's how it works!

Get me started with cars, and well, watch yourself! I have opinions and will back them up with printed facts.

Hey, at least you are right!!! Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Trevor

Nice work.....

It always helps to know the facts, especially when it is almost too easy in a scinerio like that.

2 weeks ago, I was in a so called "High end" store, that term has no meaning anymore, but that is a whole other topic..... And I get into it with the Store manager telling him he is making a mistake not displaying the new Heritage line. I tried my hardest but he would not budge, said it will never happen.... Just 10 minuites earlier, He told me that every piece of used Heritage equipment does not last a day on there floor.

Oh well - His loss.

JM

there is aboslutely no reason that Klipsch Heritage shouldn't be selling like crazy down here, these Palm Beachers want to be told what is the best and they will buy the best, but there are no facts to support any stereo claims, only listening does ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Ak-2 Khorns & Klipsch subs; lights out, tubes glowing & smile beaming!

Trevor,

Shame on the store to have such a worthless bum bark lies and chase customers away.So if anyone trusts what the bum said,K-Horn,Cornwall,LaScala,KLF30,RF-5's aare all crap!LOL

I know this know all attitude well,as in a few stores I heard many false declarations about products they never had and probably never heard.And in some cases they know the competitor has a superior product and want to chop the competitor.

One store selling Velodyne claims Sunfire breaks all the time.Suuure

The store selling Sunfire says Velodyne is crap...Suuure

The store where I purchased my Dynaudios says...Aerial is overpriced.

And in turn the owner of the Aerial who sold me his sub told me Dynaudio was overpriced and a bit colored!

Go figure backstab deluxe,at any level in audio.

Mark Levinson owners dont like(read HATE)Krell,and Krell owners and stores that carry Krell spit on ML!

But all agree B0$e is a joke!A rare event in audio most agree on someting,finally!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

FWIW Many,Many years ago I had a salescritter ask me to watch what happened to the woofer cones when a piece of music was played through a set of speakers he was attempting to sell me.The cones dutifully moved in and out in time to the music.

The speakers actually sounded half - way decent to me and might have been on my short list until I asked him what I should have I been listening/looking for ?

He: (Attempting to but not entirely succeeding in disguising his contempt of my ignorance of things audio)

I'll play that piece again and I want you to watch how the speaker moves forward and backward in perfect tune to the music. "THAT SIR! IS TRUE PUSH-PULL REPRODUCTION which only the makers of this speaker provides at anything near this price.

The speakers in question were priced at $199.00 each at the time. I asked him what a comparable,(non push-pull) setup would cost and he said that: The Push - Pull concept is unique to this manufacturer and that he could not/would not in good conscience recommend any speaker that did not operate on that principle.

I was tiring of the game by that time and anyway mein frau displayed signs of being unable to resist laughing out loud if I kept this up. I agreed with her that we should leave and figure out how we could pay for them as the sale price was only good for another day.

The unfortunate part of the story above is that it is true. I have worked in sales at one time or another over the years and learned several things:

1.) The A**hole with whom I dealt is what the customer expects and does stuff a lot product into customers' nether regions over time.

2.) Customers expect to hear that kind of Bushwah and when a salesperson doesn't provide it will often complain that the sales/man/woman lacked product knowledge.

3.) The managers of such places are interested in only two issues:

3a.) Why did that salesman not sign them up ? - and How can we improve the sales presentation?

3b.) How can we improve the presentation so that our new salesperson can sign them up??

I No Longer Work In Sales!!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-18-2002 at 07:07 PM

I was in sales at a store that was known to sell rather nice stuff of everything they carried, from furniture to clothing to children's toys to automotive parts to lawn and garden stuff to carpeting to hardware to sporting goods. Not the best stuff mind ya, but nice. I worked only a few of those depts. in the thirteen years. I outlasted 22 assistant store managers and 12 store managers. After being there THAT long I've learned that the biggest insult that a saleperson can bestowe on themselves is to say to the customer "I don't know..."

------------------

Tom's Money Pit