Ads We Love To Hate

Tarheel

I would expect nothing less from the WSJ - rationalizing corruption. VW had lots of choices, such as mild retuning to meet the requirement. The choice to go rogue rather than suffer perhaps mild market declines, is a perfect example of corporate corruption ala the banksters. Argue the rules? No problem, but this scheme tho defraud needs to be dealt a big blow.

Our world does not need more corruption.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Sorry Gotta ask,  Mild Retuning ? How would you know what amount of Retuning would have been required to meet the EPA's standard ?  I seriously Doubt it would have been mild, for if thats the case why take the risk of being caught ?

All car manufacturers are suffering under the burden of meeting standards that are widely known to be not much more than a Put on,  Its bureaucracy run a muck.........................A standard set by politicians to appease the green movement 

I would expect nothing less from the WSJ - rationalizing corruption. VW had lots of choices, such as mild retuning to meet the requirement. The choice to go rogue rather than suffer perhaps mild market declines, is a perfect example of corporate corruption ala the banksters. Argue the rules? No problem, but this scheme tho defraud needs to be dealt a big blow.

Sorry Gotta ask, Mild Retuning ? How would you know what amount of Retuning would have been required to meet the EPA's standard ? I seriously Doubt it would have been mild, for if thats the case why take the risk of being caught ?

All car manufacturers are suffering under the burden of meeting standards that are widely known to be not much more than a Put on, Its bureaucracy run a muck.........................A standard set by politicians to appease the green movement

"Under fire for misleading governments and customers about its diesel cars' emissions, Volkswagen has a plan to recall millions of vehicles so it can fix the problem. The company has said it sold 11 million cars worldwide that use software to limit emissions only during official testing.

The news comes from a large internal meeting at the company led by Matthias Mueller, who took over as VW's leader last week after Martin Winterkorn's resignation."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/29/444426362/vw-says-it-will-retrofit-diesel-cars-to-fix-test-cheating-module

If they can fix them now, they could have fixed them before shipping them.

Sorry Gotta ask, Mild Retuning ? How would you know what amount of Retuning would have been required to meet the EPA's standard ? I seriously Doubt it would have been mild, for if thats the case why take the risk of being caught ?

All car manufacturers are suffering under the burden of meeting standards that are widely known to be not much more than a Put on, Its bureaucracy run a muck.........................A standard set by politicians to appease the green movement

"Under fire for misleading governments and customers about its diesel cars' emissions, Volkswagen has a plan to recall millions of vehicles so it can fix the problem. The company has said it sold 11 million cars worldwide that use software to limit emissions only during official testing.

The news comes from a large internal meeting at the company led by Matthias Mueller, who took over as VW's leader last week after Martin Winterkorn's resignation."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/29/444426362/vw-says-it-will-retrofit-diesel-cars-to-fix-test-cheating-module

Still not sure how that Equals MINOR retuning  ;)   Also part of that is customers will not be happy with the loss of performance, power, and torque, and loss of mileage per gallon meeting the standards will cause.

People I know buy VW for the performance

Still not sure how that Equals MINOR retuning ;) Also part of that is customers will not be happy with the loss of performance, power, and torque, and loss of mileage per gallon meeting the standards will cause.

People I know buy VW for the performance

"Mild" is a relative term. So, it's used in generalities. That's how I used it. They aren't replacing the engine. They aren't adding a new emissions system. They are changing the software, which will reduce or change some of the characteristics of the engine. I call it minor because I've seen no reports that it is major. If you think it is not minor that would be different than my opinion. No biggie to me.

The larger point I was making was that they deliberately chose corruption instead of just tuning the thing correctly to meet the spec.

I understand your point, The larger point I am making is the EPA is basically a JOKE political agenda machine, They come up with crazy standards that apply to one country as though that would help the world with the supposed global warming, Its all done at the expense of jobs and business & finances

If I were VW I would tell them to pound sand and pull all my products out of the country.

Wonder what the EPA will do to the customers who are unwilling to lose performance and mileage by having the changes