My new Heritage HT. pics and all Check it out !!

j-malotky

Hi All

Here are pics of my all Heritage HT. It was designed to be used as an HT and 2 Channel listening room and I am very happy with its performance.

The room is 22 wide and 34 deep. Running the numbers, it is very flat, only having 3 single nulls and was designed to be a listening room for my Khorns. The HT is just a bonus.

The first pic is from the rear of my room looking at the front. First off The screen is a DA-Lite one piece with a viewing are of 65 high by 120 wide. 83 Walnut Khorns in the corners recently fitted with ALK networks. Under the screen you see my Heritage center channel speaker. The woofers are a pair of K22s in Walnut Heresy cabinets. There is nothing else in the Heresy cabinets. In between the two Heresy cabs is a K-400 horn. Sitting on the left Heresy cabinet is a K-77 tweeter and ALK network. When I have time, the final plan is to have the ALK, K400 and K77 mounted in a separate cabinet positioned over the screen angled downward to the listening position.

The second picture shows the front left of the room. You can see my left side Forte, my rack containing both the listening and HT hardware, my left Khorn, screen and my center components.

The third picture shows my right side Forte and the SVS Ultra 2s. The ½ wall is located 20 from the front and is constructed using X pattern beams and secured to the concrete floor. This way the Subs are closer to the audience rather than being in the back of a 34 room. In between the SVSs and Forte you can see my wire access. From that box, there is a 1 ½ conduit running to the storage room behind my rack. I have conduit running to all access points so I can pull new wire if I decide.

The forth picture shows my rack. First off being a component guy having 5.1 requires 6 separate amps. There is room for two more amps when I go 7.1. The components on the right side are for music. CD player and tapedeck on the top shelf. My Mcintosh c-36 2nd from top. The bottom two shelves have a pair of NAD 2200s driving the main L + R Khorns for both 2 Channel and HT. The use of 2200s is a temporary compromise. These amps will someday be used for my rears. I have not yet decided to go to tube amps or Macintosh SS for my mains.

The left side of the rack is all HT equipment. The top shelf holds the S-1000 driving the SVS subs. 2nd shelf holds my VCR and DVD player. 3rd shelf has my Lexicon MC-1. The bottom 3 shelves have a complement of 3 NAD amps driving the center and sides. The L+R mains use the other 2 NADs on the right side.

Please note the lack of wires. Behind each component there are holes to the storage room behind the rack for the wiring. The 5th picture is behind my rack. I know it is not pretty having my power running along side my wireing, it will be fixed. Ive only been in this house for 3 weeks, it is on my to do list.

The last picture is my DLP projector. I bought a Sharp PG-M20X. 1900 lumens and does both 4:3 and 16:9 ratios. I am running S video to my MC-1 only. I am very happy with this projector.

If any of you are ever in the SE Wisconsin area and want a peek or listen, drop me a line.

JM

This message has been edited by j-malotky on 08-20-2002 at 10:41 PM

Very Sweet! Nice job on this one.

What kind of projector is that and how much for it and the screen. I would like to eventually move up to this type of video.

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

JM,

I knew that amp top left looked familiar. Great set up, I know how pain staking it is to get all this stuff done. Must really rock in there.

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ samson 1000 watt amp

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

scooterdog

The projector is a Sharp PG-M20X. The best price (when I bought) was $2785 from AVmall.com. The screen cost $700 ish on line as well. My svideo cable cost $200 ish for a custom made 35' from Cobalt cable ( also online).

Very reasonable price overall. I am very happy with the performance.

The reason I chose this model was a) it did both 16:9 and 4:3 native modes. Most projectors in this price range are native 4:3 so widescreen is like your TV tube, you loose 40% of your pixals. and B) it was bright,1900 lumens and c) it got great reviews from users on HT forums.

Other models I considered where the Infocus screenplay 110 which also does 16:9 and 4:3, gets great reviews, but the only down side was it is only 1000 lumens. Also it is very hard to find this Infocus projector at the time I purchased.

JM

JM - TOTALLY KILLER! Looks gorgeous!!!! I'm in total envy of you brother, man I wish I had money to do that!!! Someday! Again, excellent work dude, I'm sure you're enjoying all the hard work everyday Smile.gif I know I would be!

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Hi All

Thanks for all the complements... I am enjoying this room a lot. We use it every night.

This room would not have turned out as well if it was not for this Klipsch BBS. This is where I learned of SVS subwoofers, ALK networks and got some very valuable tips. I also bought some of the equipment I used from members of this BBS.

Big D - My wife picked out the colors and did the faux painting. The rear wall has the same design. Behind the screen area is where she practiced before doing the walls.

JM

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful, Just F#cking beautiful. Did you have Justin put it on his website for the competition?

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

j-malotky,

Thanks for the reply, and again,Nice job on the HT room! How do you like your projector? Is it bright enough during the day or does the room need to be kept dark. I would like to add one but am concerned about how dark the room would need to be.

check out my HT room by using the link below.

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

dont' know how i missed this Smile.gif

looks nice, here is a tip.

type, pictureaddres and it will put the image in the thread with the text! except, substitute the H I put for an "i". if i had put the "i" in there you would have not seen the code Smile.gif

this is what it would look like

EDIT: Whoops! You have some massive pics, lets just leave it how you had it Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

<A HREF="mailto:justin@soundwise.org">Email Me</A>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 09-10-2002 at 01:04 PM

Scooterdog

I love the projector and the image It gives. I can watch it during the day, but I have to close the blinds. I only have blinds on the front 1/2 of the room, the rear 1/2s windows are uncovered so the room is still pretty bright. In the daytime, it looks OK. Colors and overall brightness look great, but the darks are not as black obviously. When I purchased, It was recommended to me to buy a gray screen instead of a white one. I think the gray screen helps for viewing in the light. It obviously looks absolutely stunning in the dark.

Zandern - I am unaware of any contest Justin in having??? Is the prize an all expense paid trip to his familys Caribbean paradise? If so sign me up!! : )

I am hoping to finish building the cabinet to house the top ½ of my center channel. I will post more pics when it is done. I will try to take pics of the projection quality during the daylight and night showing the screen darkness etc.

My wife and I was xXx last weekend in a local quality DTS theater and we both commented on how much better our sound was at home. And you got to love the pause button.

JM

quote:

Originally posted by j-malotky:

Zandern - I am unaware of any contest Justin in having??? Is the prize an all expense paid trip to his familys Caribbean paradise? If so sign me up!! : )

I am hoping to finish building the cabinet to house the top ½ of my center channel. I will post more pics when it is done. I will try to take pics of the projection quality during the daylight and night showing the screen darkness etc.

As long as I am in first place (which I am unsure how that happened...) first place gets a paid trip to our place and dinner for two at Bamboo ($125 a plate...) When I fall out of first place, first place will get their very own SoundWise Super System Award... hehe

What he is referring to is my site's rigs section. I need more rigs guys! Smile.gif

I just added one the other day. The site is going to be totally redesigned, you can see from the front page what it will hopefully look like. Maybe not quite so dramatic however. If you go to the Rigs Section you can vote on who's rig rocks the most. Right now i don't have an intro for th elatest rig and I have not added it to the poll, but will do so very soon. BUt in all fairness you really have to refesh all the votes to get an accurate level, so don't really know how much thta matters. I think you can even post more than once! Don't get any ideas hehe.

the site is...

http://www.soundwise.org/

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me