French Fries, aka something to go with Ketchup

BigStewMan

My two year old loves Ketchup with everything. After a sitting with him dipping his chicken and orange or apples slices (he's not picky) in ketchup, it becomes far less appealing. After his hands are caked in semi-dried ketchup the smell filled kitchen reminds you that large quantities of ketchup actually smells really bad. Than after he has had his bath and in his PJ's ready for bed the smell is somehow still floating all around him. Once the wrestling is done and he is finally down and asleep you realize again this stuff doesn't go away. Then you shower, climb in bed and wake up still smelling ketchup. 

you have a cool son there Max...

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators

So, i just went to this fast food joint called Carl’s Jr. Hardee’s to you mid-west folk. I think they may be tied for the worst french fries in the industry...tied with Jack in the Box.

I prefer french fries from the Del Taco...nice & thick, like pinkie finger size. When dining in for a casual meal, i’ll get the steak fries if they’re on the menu.

Since i hope to travel the country...i’d like to know where to stop for some really good french fries.

Steve

Glad you started this thread, the other one that had fries in it got locked, ending with a +1 for ketchup.

Not a fan of the thin crispy fries, like at Smash Burger, dine know what it is.

I like in and out, but the fries are a little on the thin side for me, just slightly.

I have to agree on the McDonald's fires, I think they are awesome, nothing else.

I don't know why I like em so much, maybe raised in them, McDonald's was about a 2 to 4 tomes a year treat.

My two year old loves Ketchup with everything. After a sitting with him dipping his chicken and orange or apples slices (he's not picky) in ketchup, it becomes far less appealing. After his hands are caked in semi-dried ketchup the smell filled kitchen reminds you that large quantities of ketchup actually smells really bad. Than after he has had his bath and in his PJ's ready for bed the smell is somehow still floating all around him. Once the wrestling is done and he is finally down and asleep you realize again this stuff doesn't go away. Then you shower, climb in bed and wake up still smelling ketchup. 

Stew, I have to stop him from scooping and eating the whole pile.   Its not right man.

Oh, definitely McDonalds fries for me.  They may not even be real potatoes, but I could eat buckets of them.

• Like 1

Stew, I have to stop him from scooping and eating the whole pile.   Its not right man.

Oh, definitely McDonalds fries for me.  They may not even be real potatoes, but I could eat buckets of them.

Nah, it’s totally right. I was caught eating those little cups of ketchup while i was waiting for my food to get cooked....and i was in my 30s.  My wife and brother were just shaking their heads. 

I put it on potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta, all soups...i tell people consider it a compliment if i put ketchup on the food--because i wouldn’t waste perfectly good ketchup on crappy food.

I applaud your son. Such refined taste at two years old. He’s going to change the world.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am pretty sure they are real, don't they source from just a couple of potato farmers? Who are now billionaires?

Do they still cook them in hydrogenated vegetable fat, that was way they used to do it and is the reason I heard they tasted so good.

To me they taste the same as they did 40 years ago, and the same in every location.

I am pretty sure they are real, don't they source from just a couple of potato farmers? Who are now billionaires?

Do they still cook them in hydrogenated vegetable fat, that was way they used to do it and is the reason I heard they tasted so good.

To me they taste the same as they did 40 years ago, and the same in every location.

There has to be something different about them and/or the prep or it seems everyone would copy it.  Every fast food joint should start making them that way tomorrow.  If you could only buy one item from McD's, I think the majority would say the fries.   Their meat is still a bit iffy for me, but I don't have a problem inhaling the little regular cheeseburgers.