KP-250

ob1kduby

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2015 at 3:38 AM, ob1kduby said:

Thank you very much my friend!   I have 8 heresy boxes im converting to 250's. tri-amping them with the upgraded parts. hope they do well for a p.a. system...

not sore they will , but there they are -------so use them

On 12/1/2015 at 3:38 AM, ob1kduby said:

Thank you very much my friend!   I have 8 heresy boxes im converting to 250's. tri-amping them with the upgraded parts. hope they do well for a p.a. system...

not enough bass output -

No idea why he's tri-amping the speakers for PA.

yeah - that can lead to component failure - these are best to be used with the KP 250 crossover since it is a marvel and Bob Crites had already explained this  -   in addition to the AGC 2.5 amp fuse -

Bob added the Klipsch shematic -

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/81741-kp-250-crossover-discussion/

Edited by Randyh

• 1 month later...

I used Klipsch Heresy's for PA applications for years , no Sub. I used 2 on each side on stands. I always got complements on the Sound quality.  Granted these were not huge outdoor concerts, for those I used the heresy for side fill.  The KP250 is a great Pa speaker, get a great sounding amplifier though, they will reveal a harsh amp in an instant. Never bi amped or tri amped. Except outdoors, then I ran the Klipsch subs on there own amps. Always used Crown amps outdoors, K1, and K2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I have a pair of KP 250 A’s.  Bought in ‘93, gigged with them until 2001.  Use sparingly around the house, fun to jam out with them occasionally.  Any thoughts on their current value?   I’m moving and need to sell them.