RF-63's for $600.00 Is this a good deal?

Jim

I have the potential to get a set of 63's for $600.00 as well as the 62 and 64. I have size constraints though on the center due to the unit they will be going in,so I don't know which I will do just yet.

The 62 is going for $300 and the 64 for $400.

is this guy offering shipping?? what color? lol... 64 runs 1100-1400 new. but i think pair of 63 is great deal for $600 just my opinion but I would jump on them

Shipping is an additional $140.00. Cherry speakers mint condition.

Negotiating with him now on the 63's , the 64, the 62, and a set of RF-7's. All in Cherry . He also has 2 sets of RS-7's in black as well.

The 64 is going for $400, the 62 for $300.00 and the RF-7's a G.

Edited by Jim

Hmmm, seems that even I've been looking for RS-7's.

Anything you won't use / want / or need of that entire set would be easy to sell off later, except for the RF-7's which 

don't ship well.

Good Luck

Edited by Arrow#422

Jim

Are you picking these up or having them shipped? $140 sounds awfully cheap, even if he has factory boxes and can get everything on one pallet. If he has to pack them, he should buy 2" HD foamboard from Home Depot to prtect them. And that's about #30 a sheet

What are your plans for these? If you buy all of it you will have 2 more sets of 5.0. OTOH if you buy all of it, it will be a huge upgrade over your current gear IMO

Mark

Just buy everything. Buy it all.... Use what you need... Flip the rest.... And Please remember we are your Best friends.... And even a better friend if the price is better.

G.E.M

So I am at $2500.00 for a pair of RF-7, RF-63, RC-62,RC-64,RS-7,RSW-15. Plus shipping.

I am going to need to sell some stuff to do this.

If anyone is interested I have a pair of RF-25's with the original boxes and can ship, rc-35, 2 sets of RS-3 as well.

If you're buying everything you need to go with cash in hand, and do your negotiating there. Agreeing to a price without checking it out 1st can bite you in the ***. And when he sees a stack of Benjies chances are he will come down in price. Too bad you can't fly OPUS out there, he was able to point out flaws in the Khorns I bought and brought the price down. But the stack of C-Notes usually softens them up

Mark

Jim

Are you picking these up or having them shipped? $140 sounds awfully cheap, even if he has factory boxes and can get everything on one pallet. If he has to pack them, he should buy 2" HD foamboard from Home Depot to prtect them. And that's about #30 a sheet

What are your plans for these? If you buy all of it you will have 2 more sets of 5.0. OTOH if you buy all of it, it will be a huge upgrade over your current gear IMO

Mark

Mark,

Originally I thought maybe just the 63's and they'd replace my RF-25's. But then I thought maybe I'll leave that set alone,and dispatch the ICON series I have in the family room.

I think the seller has a family member in the packing industry,so he gets a break on things.

I can always give my kids a set up in each bedroom, and just swap out the living room and the family room sets. The 7's or the 63's will look nice with my forte's.

If you're buying everything you need to go with cash in hand, and do your negotiating there. Agreeing to a price without checking it out 1st can bite you in the ***. And when he sees a stack of Benjies chances are he will come down in price. Too bad you can't fly OPUS out there, he was able to point out flaws in the Khorns I bought and brought the price down. But the stack of C-Notes usually softens them up

Mark

We've been talking about the speakers for about a month or so. He's looking to upgrade to the new THX or Mid level Palladiums. I met him on a facebook page and he has several different Klipsch lines. I'm thinking of even taking the drive up to him (4-5 hours one way) and maybe saving the extra money on shipping.

If you can get someone knowledgeable from the forum to check them out 1st, it would be a MAJOR help. I made the mistake of buying a 5.1 R3 set and having a buddy pick them up. The cones looked like they had been beat with a hammer. And use PP if possible, that way if they aren't what you think you are buying you have some intercourse. 

OOPS I meant recourse :D :D :D

Mark

If you can get someone knowledgeable from the forum to check them out 1st, it would be a MAJOR help. I made the mistake of buying a 5.1 R3 set and having a buddy pick them up. The cones looked like they had been beat with a hammer. And use PP if possible, that way if they aren't what you think you are buying you have some intercourse.

OOPS I meant recourse :D :D :D

Mark

Yea that's what I'm also thinking. He did send me pictures and they do look mint,except the 7's which he said had a few bumps and dings.Pictures are pretty decent, but still without seeing them I'd need some type of safety net.

I'd take the drive Jim. That's a pretty good chunk of change and I would want to see exactly what I'm buying in person. You also take the always possible "shipping damage" out of the equation. Recourse is very difficult if something doesn't work, is damaged or not as described via long distance.

Worst case you're out a couple tanks of gas and some time.

Good luck!

+1 on making the drive, to be sure of what your getting, especially with the $$$ involved.

10 hours round trip - noooooo sweat.

Plan on 12 though to listen if necessary, load, and get some eats for the trip back.

Fuel here is down to $1.65 / gallon, which if similar there, would help with your trip expenses.

Edited by Arrow#422