is it on the us market yet? anyone see or try it?

BBZink

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ideacentre-Stick-Computer-90F20000US/dp/B014644NPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449960540&sr=8-1&keywords=ideacentre+stick+300

Gets pretty mixed reviews on Amazon.

Judging by the specs it can't do much, my 8 year old quad core PC would run circles around it and Windows 10 was a free upgrade.  I recently acquired a refurbished Lenovo with a i5 processor for around $175, and it runs circles around the old quad core. So... a neat idea but seems like it is way under powered (thus its attractive price).

• Like 1

Should be adequate for music.  These are the future of the PC for most users who need something their phone can't do...which is the other "PC" that's getting more potent all the time.  My music server has a fanless Eden processor of about that speed and is adequate for any audio load. 

Dave

Should be adequate for music.  These are the future of the PC for most users who need something their phone can't do...which is the other "PC" that's getting more potent all the time.  My music server has a fanless Eden processor of about that speed and is adequate for any audio load. 

Dave

Agree with Dave, the Trombone Professor and Wdecho, directly upstream.  ^^^

The Atom processor has been around for a few years and is much less powerful than the i5 chip.  It once was the centerpiece of what was known as Netbooks which essentially didn't have any other task than to run a browser.  It was cheap and didn't use much power, so it was good for what it was.  Netbooks never caught on and I don't even know if that category of PC still exists.  I'm guessing the iPad and their ilk blew it out of the water.

I would not praise nor condemn it until I had a chance to use it for a while.

Edited by wvu80

The Atom processor has been around for a few years and is much less powerful than the i5 chip. It once was the centerpiece of what was known as Netbooks which essentially didn't have any other task than to run a browser. It was cheap and didn't use much power, so it was good for what it was. Netbooks never caught on

I still use my netbook, which is about 8 years old. Did a clean install of Windows 10 (x86). The chipsets on those would only address 2 gig of ram, which is certainly a drawback. I carried mine overseas, so I could have a keyboard, run some video chat software (Skype in Win 10 works fine on it, although I originally used QQ, the main video chat software used in China), and I run an image editing program to tweak some pics before posting from afar. The biggest drawback for me is the 1024x600 resolution internal display.

Intel is still pushing the Atom, with 2.4Ghz 8 core server versions out. The plus side is they are low power consumers, but still not as low as most other embedded processors.

However, the newer i5 is better than two year old i7 CPUs, and so it goes...

Bruce

• Like 1