Car Audio Gurus wanted

The History Kid

I tested these 6x9's this morning, they did in fact survive 20 years of storage, it's all good. :)

Let them run for a while with moderate power, the surrounds may or may not turn to dust.

At least you will know if they are worth installing or selling.

The surrounds are rubber and are still very flexible. If I thought they were dryrotted or deteriorated like cheap foam ones do I'd throw them in the trash. He's welcome to throw them in the trash anyway, all I'd be out is $13 for shipping. Typically rubber will get hard and brittle if its going to have issues and these didn't seem like they were doing that. But yes, by all means, test away even further, won't hurt my feelings any. If you can use them, great, otherwise feel free to pitch them. I don't think that will happen but there is zero obligation to use them or pay me anything.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

The only reservation I have up against the seat is the fold down seats, which I use occasionally. That's why I'm thinking in the wings firing in?

It's just an odd place for subs, requiring an odd box if the Fusion is like most cars. I'm sure it could be done. Can't say I've ever seen anybody do it outside of a jeep. Back in the day this is where we put extra electrical crap like batteries, capacitors, fuse blocks, and signal processors. But yes this is pretty much what people do in Jeeps so there's really no reason why it couldn't be done in a car if that's what you really wanted.

You could always use your spare tire well. :) Of course you'd have to ditch the spare though or at least just have it laying in the trunk. You wouldn't even know something is in there.

I hear ya!

That's where there were excess electronics in my Taurus too, so I can certainly get that. The Fusion doesn't need any of the extra gear, the battery is a monster and all of the other parts are so damn small it's not funny. Though, thinking about it...I suppose if they're thin enough I wouldn't have totally sacrifice the fold down aspect either. It's still a ways off at any rate. Besides, I'd have to do factory right now due to how my insurance is.

I'm pumped to check these speakers out. I'm foreseeing my jealousy of the sound in that car again. lol

The help and assistance has been appreciated. :)