Hafler DH-220 - Sold

japosey

I picked up a used, obviously, DH-220 in very good condition. The amp is in good cosmetic condition and sounds great. I purchased this locally and don't know all of its history, but before I listed elsewhere I thought I would offer it to the Forum first. I noticed on the internet that these were sold as either complete or as kits.  This one does have a serial # sticker on the bottom, if that means anything.

Description

The DH-220 circuit is a refinement of the DH-200 design, a Hafler landmark which has achieved worldwide recognition, and has elicited glowing reviews since its 1979 introduction.

As in the DH-110 preamplifier, particular attention has been paid to component quality, using polypropylene or film capacitors wherever feasible, for example, for superior sound.

Combining the latest power MOSFET technology with uniquely simple and effective circuit topology reduces distortion of all types, and at all power levels, over the full audio frequency spectrum, to the vanishing point.

Specifications

Power output: 115 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 6Hz to 60kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%

Damping factor: 60

Input sensitivity: 1.55V

Signal to noise ratio: 100dB

Semiconductors: 26 x transistors, 8 x MOSfet, 29 x diodes, 4 x zener diodes, 1 x diode bridge

Dimensions: 5-1/8 x 16 x 10-1/2 inches

Weight: 26lbs

Year: 1984

post-57114-0-28400000-1452206904_thumb.j

post-57114-0-39120000-1452206915_thumb.j

post-57114-0-56400000-1452206924_thumb.j

Edited by japosey
  • Like 1

Hey that is a great price, i know because i sold one of these about a year ago that was fried, for the same money.

GLWS

I guess someone better jump on this one before I change my mind and raise the price! JK

Well when the wife and i to Reno, we like to shop around a tad, me i like hitting Pawn shops.

I paid well into $240 as i remember, Sure it works, it works great the guy said!  ,No biggie, fully advertised on the local CL as not working and took a little loss, but yes i did get $200nonworking.  well worth that.

There are upgrade kits available for these as i found on the web.