Not a Beatles Song - But Interesting

WMcD

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” Mark Twain.

Diz, below, shows that I failed to follow that directive (and may have a tin ear). So, now, please allow me to edit out the post.

Thanks

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

Happened to a lot of the Beatles songs- they thought "How do you do it" was too sappy to record as a Beatles song. Much like "A World Without Love..." Paul gave it to Peter Asher of Peter and Gordon to record. At the time, Paul was dating Peter's sister, Jane Asher.

Edited by Maccagirl83
  • Like 1

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” Mark Twain.

Diz, below, shows that I failed to follow that directive (and may have a tin ear). So, now, please allow me to edit out the post.

Thanks

WMcD

Gil,

Would you mind posting your original link again (the one with the interviews). I really enjoyed it but can't find it again in my browser history.   

Yeah. I admitted to making a stupid mistake, thinking they are the same. Now, after listening to both on the Internet I'm not so sure they are not the same. At least I've managed to sing (silently) each on the other sound track.

It might be a bit like the tune memorialized by Mozart which serves as the basis for

The Alphabet Song.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Baa, Baa Black Sheep.

Try it, they are all the same. Though as children we might not have realized it.

Maybe Larry C. will weigh in. He really knows music.

WMcD