Japanese Made Tube Amps/Pre-Amps

Wolfbane

Does anyone know what happened to Almarro? Their gear was very highly regarded, but they have no US distribution and none of their listed dealers carry the brand anymore (or have gone out of business like Venus HiFi). I also tried to send an emailed l to them, but it bounced due to a full mailbox in their side. The website is still online. b7bcc39046ef828cdc45d55d19c1ea45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought what I believe was the last new dealer unit a couple years ago. They told me Almarro could ot keep up with the demand and with deliveries so poor they cut the line. It seems all others did the same. I liked my 318 but had trouble sourcing tubes that would bias properly so I sold it. The little EL84 SE is a nice piece also and can be had for fair dollars on the used market.

• 3 weeks later...

Any fans here of tube amps and tube pre-amps of Japanese manufacture?

I've owned several American made and Chinese made amps but prefer the build quality and sound of my Japanese equipment.

Wb

find yourself a sansui au-111.

Any fans here of tube amps and tube pre-amps of Japanese manufacture?

I've owned several American made and Chinese made amps but prefer the build quality and sound of my Japanese equipment.

Wb

find yourself a sansui au-111.
Might as well just go back to Japan & buy all the american made western electric amps &speakers!