SOLD 75 Klipsch Cornwalls, oiled walnut, PA 15401

RuralTom

SOLD, cash on pickup

One pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers (5N723 and 5N724) in oiled walnut. Located in Uniontown PA, 15401, about an hour south of Pittsburgh, 3 hours from Columbus OH or Washington DC. I'm seeing this as a local kinda deal, shipping is not an option but we can listen to both speakers and amp at Casa RuralTom.

All original, and have been recapped. Drivers have the 'sweeter', mellower AlNiCo magnets, rather than the shrill ceramics of the late 70s on. Bass is low and full with the big 15" woofer. These originally came with the rare white cloth grills, but OEM black grills were purchased later by the original owner (I am the second owner). Both sets are missing one of the emblems, the metal plate on the white grills, the PWK plastic badge on the black. The cabinets themselves are in exceptionally good condition, except for one small water mark on one speaker that has slowly faded with repeated applications of Howard's.
Great sounding speakers that really sound nice and can be driven with low power tubes, but I've used everything from 3wpc tubes amps to 250wpc solid state amps to great effect.

post-62351-0-51120000-1457862839_thumb.j

post-62351-0-58620000-1458737944_thumb.j

post-62351-0-15940000-1458738006_thumb.j

post-62351-0-80020000-1458738015_thumb.j

post-62351-0-36220000-1458738045_thumb.j

post-62351-0-41340000-1458738052_thumb.j

Edited by RuralTom

• 2 weeks later...
After a search, I found a good solid amp from a trusted maker that I think will do me well so these are up for sale. $800

Why did you post the part about the amp?  Is it a part of the sale price?  I was just curious.

With the upgrades and extra grill, that is a super nice price for the buyer, and he will be getting a plug and play ready speaker.

• Like 1

After a search, I found a good solid amp from a trusted maker that I think will do me well so these are up for sale. $800

Why did you post the part about the amp?  Is it a part of the sale price?  I was just curious.

With the upgrades and extra grill, that is a super nice price for the buyer, and he will be getting a plug and play ready speaker.

I think he is selling to be able to buy the amp??

I'll edit that out.....  they were up as trade bait for a while, I was looking for a tube amp with a little more meat.  The Cornwalls were lovely with my Dynaco ST-35, but I wanted to double up with a beefier PP amp to push the new Chorus IIs.   I found just what I was looking for in a Quicksilver GLA.  I'd had a pair of QS Silver 90s for a while that I ran with other speakers, but I think over a certain wattage, tube amps lose their charm.

Edited by RuralTom